Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Rhyno posted:

Actually I should be able to get more up tomorrow or Tuesday. I have a large pile of storage bins in front of my main shelves, I can move all of those to the main room and access the rest.

Let me know if you're looking for any Marvel Legends, I have a huge collection that I'm ready to start parting with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
merged

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 21:59 on May 9, 2022

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Rhyno posted:

Fantastic Four Omnibus (Kirby Sealed) 1-2 $135

Pics to follow.

I'll take this as well.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
okay sweet.

I have decided that i will make a thread in SA Mart going forward as it'll be easier to manage one post.

you can PM me or just paypal me at ryancharleswhite@yahoo.com.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I have made a thread in SA-Mart and added a lot of new books.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4002227

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So I just learned All Star Superman finally got a deluxe edition hardcover. Anyone else got it? I've been meaning to upgrade my paperbacks but recent DC hardcover have been disappointing.

Biggest question is how is the paper quality?

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

A comic that good deserves Absolute edition, if you have the space of course.

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer

frameset posted:

A comic that good deserves Absolute edition, if you have the space of course.

If I had the space i'd grab the absolute. Unfortunately those are too big to fit in my book cases/shelves :(

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Had an amazing find today. Volume 1 of Grant Morrisons New X-men Hardcover at a shop in the market. The dust jacket has a bit of shelf wear and I already have the omni but I couldn't resist double dipping. The oversized hardcovers are my favourite collected format for that run but this is the first time I've seen one outside of my old city library.

Now I just wish I could find the other 2 volumes for a reasonable price.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Nyeehg posted:

Had an amazing find today. Volume 1 of Grant Morrisons New X-men Hardcover at a shop in the market. The dust jacket has a bit of shelf wear and I already have the omni but I couldn't resist double dipping. The oversized hardcovers are my favourite collected format for that run but this is the first time I've seen one outside of my old city library.

Now I just wish I could find the other 2 volumes for a reasonable price.

OHCs have fallen out of favour with a lot of collectors it seems, so if you check eBay every now and then you might get lucky. I got my hands on volumes 1 and 2 of New X-Men on eBay for less than €30 each a few years ago.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

JordanKai posted:

OHCs have fallen out of favour with a lot of collectors

Prices shot up right around when digital comics became easy to get. I hardly buy any physical collections (still get floppies) anymore, I'll get a hardcover when I can, but spending $100 on a special oversize one is a huge ask.

Also running out of storage space doesn't help!

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Does anyone here have the 2014 print of the Morrison Doom Patrol omnibus?

I'm thinking of buying it, but I'm unfamiliar with DC's print quality back then. What's the gutter loss like, the binding quality? etc

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

frameset posted:

Does anyone here have the 2014 print of the Morrison Doom Patrol omnibus?

I'm thinking of buying it, but I'm unfamiliar with DC's print quality back then. What's the gutter loss like, the binding quality? etc

I think this book is considered evergreen, it's almost always in-print, like Sandman.

Thor omnibuses, goes.... Straczynski -> Fraction -> Aaron right?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

this picture took years to put together

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

WTF they didn't give vol. 3 a different spine for no reason?

radlum
May 13, 2013
Vol 5 just got announced for next year; still a chance for it to ruin such a good looking bunch of spines.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

They just announced a Maestro by Peter David omni too so the odds of Marvel loving up the trade dress has increased exponentially

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

I thought Volume 4 was the end of his hulk run, or at least that's how it was advertised.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Volume 5 is set to include a lot of bric-a-brac outside of his extended run-- eg. the brief period when he came back in the aughts, a bunch of What Ifs and one-shots, a few minis, etc.. It looks pretty inessential imo but maybe hardcore PAD fans will disagree.

radlum
May 13, 2013
Are the Hellboy Library Editions worth it? I saw a couple of them on the B2G1 sale on Amazon and I was thinking of getting them, but I also know there are cheaper omnis for the whole run.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

radlum posted:

Are the Hellboy Library Editions worth it? I saw a couple of them on the B2G1 sale on Amazon and I was thinking of getting them, but I also know there are cheaper omnis for the whole run.

I think so. I bought them years ago when they ran about $25 a pop and they are well worth it. Slightly oversized, nice binding, and each one covers about two trades worth of stuff plus a lot of extra sketchs and other content.. You get a lot of book for you buck. My one gripe is the black cloth covers collect dust and hair easily and you might need to take a lint roller to them every once in a while.

Edit: I honestly don't know how they have maintained that price point on these books. Looks like v.3 is kinda spendy because it might be oop.

sporklift fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jun 19, 2022

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

sporklift posted:

My one gripe is the black cloth covers collect dust and hair easily and you might need to take a lint roller to them every once in a while.

This is worth restating. I love them, but the covers are super annoying.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I typically collect trade paperbacks only, but I recently got some good deals and cashed in gift cards to order myself the two Parker Martini Editions published by IDW. They arrived on Thursday and Friday, and I didn't expect how HUGE and HEAVY they would be! I'm a huge Darwyn Cooke fan, met him at a con and got most of his key works signed, but I've never owned these Parker graphic novels -- just read them through my public library. Now I finally own hard copies, and in the best possible format.

Normally I would have bought the cheaper editions, but these volumes have so many supplemental materials, including shorter Parker stories by Cooke and by Brubaker and Phillips, which I've never read. I guess they are kind of like DC's Absolute Editions in terms of size, but I briefly owned Absolute Authority Volume 1 by Ellis, and I don't remember it being so heavy. The cardboard slipcases are a lot sturdier on these Martini Editions than that one Absolute book I had, too.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I typically collect trade paperbacks only, but I recently got some good deals and cashed in gift cards to order myself the two Parker Martini Editions published by IDW. They arrived on Thursday and Friday, and I didn't expect how HUGE and HEAVY they would be! I'm a huge Darwyn Cooke fan, met him at a con and got most of his key works signed, but I've never owned these Parker graphic novels -- just read them through my public library. Now I finally own hard copies, and in the best possible format.

Normally I would have bought the cheaper editions, but these volumes have so many supplemental materials, including shorter Parker stories by Cooke and by Brubaker and Phillips, which I've never read. I guess they are kind of like DC's Absolute Editions in terms of size, but I briefly owned Absolute Authority Volume 1 by Ellis, and I don't remember it being so heavy. The cardboard slipcases are a lot sturdier on these Martini Editions than that one Absolute book I had, too.

Oh wow. I didn't realize they had released a second volume. I'm gonna have to get that.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

sporklift posted:

Oh wow. I didn't realize they had released a second volume. I'm gonna have to get that.

I think it just recently came out, and Amazon had a decent discount, 32% off cover:
https://smile.amazon.com/Richard-Starks-Parker-Martini-Last/dp/1684056985/ref=sr_1_1

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I think it just recently came out, and Amazon had a decent discount, 32% off cover:
https://smile.amazon.com/Richard-Starks-Parker-Martini-Last/dp/1684056985/ref=sr_1_1

Thanks!

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

A Kickstarter for a hardcover release of Mark Waid's Irredeemable trilogy went live today. Get them while they're still hot!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/boom-studios/irredeemable

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer

JordanKai posted:

A Kickstarter for a hardcover release of Mark Waid's Irredeemable trilogy went live today. Get them while they're still hot!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/boom-studios/irredeemable

God drat it. I just bought the softcovers!

Looking at the shipping cost there's no way in hell I can afford these. Oh well :(

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Is there a resource for finding out what X-Men related omnis and OSHCs are solicited?

edit; VVV thanks VVV

Happy Hippo fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jul 24, 2022

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Happy Hippo posted:

Is there a resource for finding out what X-Men related omnis and OSHCs are solicited?

https://comicreleases.com

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
A Black Cat by Jed Mackay omnibus was just announced for next year which I'm looking forward to getting.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Fantastic Four omnibus 4 is like $50 on amazon right now. Not much Kirby in it, but Stan working without a creative maniac like Kirby really shows who had all the talent in that partnership.

radlum
May 13, 2013

Starsnostars posted:

A Black Cat by Jed Mackay omnibus was just announced for next year which I'm looking forward to getting.

Is Vulpes the first goon to get his work published in a premium format?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Well they announced X-men volume 5 and confirmed they are gonna keep going which will double dip with the event collections. Which is something

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

What’s the justification for going beyond, other than money? Maybe Mutant Massacre works with just the X-Men issues, but the other stories probably don’t.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
They didn’t say, but what’s funny is the uncanny X-men omni has 14 uncanny issues in it. Almost half is minus and not even minis Claremont wrote

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I didn’t even know there was a Nightcrawler miniseries. I wonder if they’ll include the Falcon miniseries and Fallen Angels and all that in future releases.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Fallen Angels is in the second New Mutants omni, right up against the Firestar mini, two very weird stories I like very much.

I AM GRANDO posted:

What’s the justification for going beyond, other than money? Maybe Mutant Massacre works with just the X-Men issues, but the other stories probably don’t.

Oh yeah, I should also say, Fall of the Mutants was three almost entirely separate stories tied together thematically rather than by plot, so it should be fine. Inferno will be a wild mess without NM and X-Factor though, ditto X-Tinction Agenda.

How Wonderful! fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Aug 29, 2022

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Happy as I am, I do think the choice of issues is a bit weird. No Annual 10 or issues of X-Factor leading up to Mutant Massacre? It's going to be a pretty thin book, so I don't understand why they would omit those.

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Aug 29, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

JordanKai posted:

Happy as I am, I do think the choice of issues is a bit weird. No Annual 10 or issues of X-Factor leading up to Mutant Massacre? It's going to be a pretty thin book, so I don't understand why they would omit those.

Issue 10 is confirmed as part of the mapping of six along with the new mutants annual.

It’s really dumb