Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Rhyno posted:

And he was hand-waved away by using Franklin Richards powers. What a terrible continuity fix.

Heroes Reborn sucked so so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

bairfanx posted:

How big are those issues? Because 900 pages is a whole lot of filler for 28 normal-sized issues.

And you're both right, it's not that bad, I just expected it to be a $75 one for some reason (Marvel just doesn't do that anymore, do they?).

I'm spoiled by those drat Fraction Iron Man hardcovers

There are also special issues and it includes the Secret Invasion issues that introduced them

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Happy Hippo posted:

Secret Warriors was "created by" Bendis but that book is all Hickman goodness through and through.

Also his issues that introduce them are part of the omnibus.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Why in the gently caress is there a Geoff Johns omnibus for the Flash, but not a Mark Waid one? Not that the Geoff Johns stuff is bad, but isn't Johns' stuff essentially just building on Waid's legendary run?

Geoff Johns basically is in control of the DC Universe Waid is writing for Marvel and I am sure Waid pissed people off

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Nevermind that there's what, 1 Waid Flash trade?

I am not sure how many in print but there is
Born to Run
The Return of Barry Allen
Reckless Youth
Terminal Velocity
Dead Heat
Race Against Time
Future Perfect
The Wild Wests

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

StumblyWumbly posted:

I don't want to shock anyone, but Frank Miller's Daredevil is really good. I've had it sitting on my shelf for years because every time I open and read the McKenzie issues (with Miller just on art), it was really mediocre. But once Miller really hits his stride I can see why it gets so much praise.

Before he got on the title he was just a Spider-man rip off but blind. Miller made him the character he is today.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Starsnostars posted:

I'd love an Alias reprint, hopefully we'll get one when/if the tv show happens.

I doubt it since the trades are out.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Jeremys Iron posted:

Am I right in thinking that the BPRDs are not being produced in super-fancy 'library' collections? I've considered picking them up a few times but never have.

There is this http://www.amazon.com/B-P-R-D-Plague-Frogs-Collection-Vol/dp/1595826092/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1329162928&sr=8-3

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Happy Hippo posted:

edit; I am also in the process of picking up the Ultimate Spider-Man trades (the big hardcovers collecting two arcs each) and I know they're out of print and some of them are like $40 or whatever, and yeah it sucks but thems the breaks. However, volume 8 is selling on Amazon for loving $90! What's the big deal with this book?

I actully saw it at my local comic book shop so PM me if you would like to make a deal

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Happy Hippo posted:

Today I scored the Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus Vol 1 for $50.

:hellyeah:

It is a great book and also good in case your house gets broken into.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

StumblyWumbly posted:

Not a fan of Absolutes having new stories added in.

Why not? They could be stuff they wanted to add but was unable due to the issue being too long.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

PelvicNerve posted:

Fished on Amazon an Avengers vs X-Men HC. It's 500 pages for a $75 retail price.

I don't follow current stuff so I have no idea how good/bad this will be but it's still striking to see how quickly the X stuff gets oversized releases compared to the rest of the Marvel books.

This event has just started and will be 13 issues at least. So there is no way that they know how many pages this will be or released.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Skeematic posted:

Its a 12 issue series double shipped for 6 months. All the writers went in and said the wanted to have an ending to this story, nothing extra that "led" to something else.

On Amazon.ca, its listed as 528 pages. I guess its fair to assume that the Versus issues will be in there, and maybe X-Sanction as well.

Its 13 if they include episode 0. Also there might be some double sized issues.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

PelvicNerve posted:

It's definitely a placeholder and some of them have turned out to be red herrings in the past but some others turned up in the next solicits. Anyway, it seems in the right ballpark.

If it does get solicited it will be at the earliest the November ones.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Can anyone confirm that the Dark Reign: The List: New Avengers issue is reprinted in the New Avengers Volume 13: Siege TPB? Amazon says it is, but Wikipedia (I know, I know) says it isn't.

I'm trying to piece together a complete run of New Avengers TPBs as cheaply as possible, and I know that's a key story (Hawkeye/Ronin going after Osborn), but I don't want to have to get the Dark Reign: The List TPB just for that one issue.

I have the trade in my hand and it is included.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Awesome, thank you! One fewer book to track down.

EDIT: Do any of the New Avengers TPBs reprint the Free Comic Book Day special from a few years ago (2010?) where the New and Dark Avengers teams fight?

It looks like it is collected in the Hardcover 6

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Hatter106 posted:

So, Animal Man Vol. 1 (New 52) just came out, TPB-only.
Has DC ever done this? Gone straight to the paperback instead of having to wait an extra 5 months after the hardcover?
And why the hell aren't they doing it for all their new books?

They do that with most Vertigo titles.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

obi_ant posted:

After volume 11, I can start reading 12? Or do I need to pick up another book in between?

Nope 11 have the Ultimatum poo poo and then its off to Ultimate Comics Spider-Man

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

obi_ant posted:

This? or this?

Volume 11 hardcover has requiem. If it is by Bendis read it. DO NOT READ ULTIMATUM BY LOEB

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I am?

drat it!

That seems to be the case

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

I saw the X-Statix omnibus today at my shop. It's pretty ridiculous.

I guess if you really wanted to read the whole story for whatever reason and had 125 dollars burning a hole in your pocket it would be a good buy.

Why wouldn't you? It is an awesome series and complete story. The only bad thing in it is Brotherhood and that fucken thing makes no sense what so ever.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Random Stranger posted:

Yeah, that's one of the better omnibuses Marvel has published recently. You've got incredible art, a great story, and everything from beginning to end in one book. It's one of those things the omnibus line was made for.

I suspect they added The Brotherhood because it's the only X-Statix story that wouldn't be in the omnibus if they left it out even though it's pointless, awful, and completely unessential.

It also has the wrong lineup. It is good to see Doop every now and them but I am glad the rest of the team is dead, but I would not be angry if Dr Strange got hsi dead on every now and then.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Jeremys Iron posted:

So I'm getting the impression that the Death of Spider-Man omnibus contains some good stuff? I enjoyed the Ultimate comics but basically stopped paying attention around when everything was re-branded (the ultimates became the ultimate avengers etc.) and I think that was when Spider-Man kicked the bucket too.

No he had around 2 years worth of issues then he died

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Shameless posted:

Ah, cheers for that. I only started getting into the Mignola-verse with the Hellboy library editions so I wasn't too sure what was out there. Might just pick up the trades if I can find them for cheap.

Lobster Johnson might be a bit difficult to find as it is out of print.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

PelvicNerve posted:

Amazon has a 1440 page Teen Titans by Geoff Johns Omnibus. Are DC out of their mind or do they just like seeing cheaply glued books fall apart ?

DC Trade program is run by retarded monkeys

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rhyno posted:

This is a hardcover.

Also the paperback was binded correctly.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I was wondering if there is a cheap way to get Lucifer, Vol. 4: The Divine Comedy?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I found it for a friend at a local comic shop. Paid full cover price ($20?), but that's still cheaper than I've seen it on Amazon Marketplace. I'd be happy to check if they have another one, if you want.

Thank you

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Here is mine and I got a bunch of stuff coming

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jul 20, 2012

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Tato posted:

I've always been interested in Judge Dredd and with the Complete Casefiles being reprinted and released in America I've started picking them up. I have a few Dredd newbie questions though.

1. Do the new editions of the case files released in America (http://www.amazon.com/Judge-Dredd-Case-Files-01/dp/1906735875/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1343054676&sr=8-1&keywords=dredd+case+files) correspond to the UK only case files (ex: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Judge-Dredd-Complete-Case-Files/dp/1904265790/zetaminor-21) released in previous years? I'm not sure how committed they are to re-releasing these books, so if they stop putting them out I'd like to know if I can just switch over to the UK only releases.

3. How much Dredd material is uncollected in these volumes? I've read that episodes 11-12 and 17-18 (Progs 71-72/77-78) are uncollected due to fears about trademark infringement. Are there any other episodes that aren't in the casefiles? Is the only way to get these episodes to buy the original progs?

1) They are the same ones it is just the UK ones have been released first.
3) Not fears it has a Ronald McDonald shooting a guy for making a mess. They are stupidly hard to find as they promised McDonalds, Burger King, and other Fast Food restraunts that they would not reprint them ever.

I also do not think America is collected in them.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Jul 23, 2012

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Scuttle_SE posted:

Would you happend to know if the US volumes look like the UK ones? I have started buying the UK ones, the first are hard to dinf and it would be nice if I had a matching set in the bookshelf :)

If you go up to the pictures of my bookshelf you can see volumes 1-10 and 13-17. 13-17 are diffrent since they are in color and better paper stock. It is in the third picture second shelf.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

paulnewmanseyes posted:

That's because they haven't reached America yet. It will be, just not till volume... 40? Or thereabouts.

Really? Since the first part is in Judge Dredd Megazine #1.01-1.07

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Just wanted to let people know I put a poo poo load of trades for sale in the SA-Mart thread.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Shameless posted:

It's best when they actually solcit a book and then cancel it at the last minute. Still bitter about Suicide Squad vol 2 and Night force.

Where is my god drat Shade the Changing Man Vol 4! :argh: It does not matter for me now as I got the rest of the series but still it would be nice to have the whole series in trade. Also good job DC having trades like Lucifier go OOP.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rhyno posted:

To be fair, the 52 trades have been pretty timely in their release. We all know it won't happen but Action was probably the longest wait at 3 1/2 months.

Edit: hahaha, guess I'll end up with an avatar no matter what I do!

Really all the dark stuff have having their first trade in October when it is close to there second arc ending

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Random Stranger posted:

Still waiting on Alias here...

Maybe if the tv show happens

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Lame Bryant posted:

I've been seeing the Brubaker Cap omnibus pretty cheap at local cons lately. I have one already but I think I have a friend selling his that he picked up for around $25, not sure how much he wants.

Which one as there are three

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

I apologize if this has been asked and answered before (especially by me), but is the 2009 Avengers Free Comic Book Day issue included in the Siege TPB? I'm looking at the Amazon listing, which doesn't mention it, but someone's review says it is.

Just looked at my copy and it is

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Slayer1597 posted:

Sorry stumbled across Y the last man, while on Barnes and Noble there, anyone have a review of that?

It is really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Oh really

X-Force Omnibus - Volume 1

http://www.amazon.com/X-Force-Omnibus-1-Rob-Liefeld/dp/0785165959/ref=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1347392451&sr=1-5

quote:

Beset from all sides by a growing roster of vicious foes, the New Mutants and their mysterious mentor Cable have no choice but to transform into a proactive, butt-kicking, take-no-prisoners mutant strike team! But can the new X-Force survive head-on clashes with Deadpool, the Morlocks, Proteus, Stryfe and his Mutant Liberation Front, the Juggernaut, the new Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, and...S.H.I.E.L.D.?

COLLECTING: New Mutants (1983) 98-100, Annual 7; X-Men Annual (1970) 15; X-Factor Annual 6; X-Force (1991) 1-15; Spider -Man (1990) 16; Cable: Blood & Metal 1-2; material from New War - riors Annual 1, X-Force Annual (1992)1