Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."

Zevin_Mars posted:

I just ordered the Matt Fraction and Ed Brubaker Immortal Iron Fist Omni, hope I enjoy this, I remember hearing tons of positive buzz back in the day, but I was so new to comics when that was coming out that I didn't want to leave my insular DC fanboy bubble.

It's a great book, you're going to enjoy it. What's a shame is there doesn't seem to be a second volume coming, which it badly needs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

wildlele and anyone else here than does custom binding, I've got a quick question for you: What's the maximum number of issues you'd put into a single volume?

Edit: So a 92 issue collection would be best as 3 volumes?

X13Fen fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Nov 17, 2011

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

Zevin_Mars posted:

Is this because the story cuts off abruptly? Or just because the uncollected material was good? Considering the upcoming Defenders book will supposedly feature Iron Fist prominently, we might end up getting one.

It only collects half the issues in the series. The second half is only in tpb or Premiere HCs.

I did not know about the Defenders book. Hopefully it goes well enough to get the second IF book.

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

If anyone comes across a copy of Transformers: The IDW Collection Vol. 4, I would be greatly interested in it. I have 1-3 and 5, but 4 is now OOP, afaik.

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

I think they're pretty good. The covers don't match between Vol. 1 and 2 though, if that affects anything.

And dear god, how did I not know about the Busiek Omni. That's the series that first got me into comics; it's what I grew up on. Gotta find the :tenbux: for that somewhere...

VVV Edit: Yeah, I meant the spines. They don't match.

X13Fen fucked around with this message at 14:28 on May 9, 2013