Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

JackDarko posted:

Seeing as how I was the one that was worried about this the most, I want to say I am very pleased with the 100 bullets hardcover. The paper is excellent and the design is very good.

Thanks for these. I've actually been meaning to ask in here about the quality of this book. Looks nice, I'm glad I held out on buying the series until now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

TheManWithNoName posted:

Goddamnit I am sick of preordering books on Amazon. They never ship in proper packaging and every other book I get is damaged.

That really sucks. I always get my stuff from Amazon in a box undamaged, even if it's just a single trade like that book. I'd second trying out dcb/instocktrades because nothing from there has been damaged in shipment either.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

Thwipster has the FF Vol 1 HC for $6.99. They also have the first 3 Hickman tpb's for $5.99 each. Pretty nice deal.

http://www.thwipster.com/products/ff-volume-01-hardcover

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

StumblyWumbly posted:

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN HC VOL 12 $39.99

gently caress yes, was starting to lose faith.

Woooo! Yeah, I was also wondering if the smaller premiere HCs were the only format they were going to do Ultimate Comics Spider-man in.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

Got Batman: The Black Mirror (which was so awesome that I wanted the hardcover even though I picked it up in singles)
Fables HC Vol 2 (at what point does Fables go downhill? I'm really enjoying it so far)

I really need to go out and pick up Unwritten: Leviathan.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

bairfanx posted:

Huh, weird.

So, does anyone else get annoyed looking at their Iron Man hardcovers next to each other? (I don't have a picture handy, but the Marvel logos at the top are inversions of each other)

I always grumble at my Daredevil Vol 2 HC because the Marvel logo and the writing down the side are completely different than the rest.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

It could've been a lot worse though. It's interesting that the label isn't even changed to Ultimate Comics Spider-Man or anything like that. I hope we get these hardcovers of the new series also.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

Daredevil HC 1-3 + King of Hell's Kitchen TPB + Bendis Omni Vol 2 buddy.

:):hf::)

The different spine layout on the 2nd hardcover bugs me more than having a TPB in between the other collections.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

Hey DC: That doesn't look like Batman's mask at all. It's not even the right color.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

This may be old news, but I just saw it this morning. Marvel is collecting a Superior Foes of Spider-Man Omnibus. Yeah!

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

Tracking down Invincible Vol 7 Hardcover has been a pain in the butt. Bought one the other day from an ebay seller that claimed to have 5 but that order was canceled because it was "out of stock."

I look at listings today and see a seller with "more than 10" but the condition is unlisted. Mmhmm.... I'm sure they do.

I don't mind having a single volume missing but it'd be nice to grab that last one without paying too much for it.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

If you want, I'll call around. I'm surrounded by good comic shops, and I hardly ever have anything to buy from any of them. I also get obsessive-compulsive about completing runs and sets and having everything match, so I get it.

That is super generous. I'm still kinda operating with reclusive covid brain and haven't checked with any local shops. Let me check around to the handful here to see if I can keep a few bucks in the community. If not I may take you up on it.

Thanks for this. I'm skeptical of anyone selling this at a discount, have you ordered from them before? I clicked the FAQ but I don't see what "FOC" stands for either.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

Looks like there has been a reprint of Invincible HC Vol 7. It's available all over again. I imagine they did a reprint to sell after the recent animated series. I've read up to Vol 11 and the series is kinda nuts and brutal with its characters. I don't love it but it occasionally has some pretty out there concepts that they run with for a bit.

edit: Also, look how close they came to nailing a uniform spine layout...

Jolo fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Aug 3, 2021

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

X-O posted:

I don't know what's in that volume but I'm going to guess the purple lettering has some significance.

I wondered about that while these sat on the shelf but when I got to that volume nothing stood out. He has costume changes over time but purple is never involved. I think it's just an accident and for some reason they matched the volume color onto the name also.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

The trade paperbacks color in the logo/title with different colors on each cover. I bet that's part of it. It's only yellow text on the cover and spine on the hardcovers.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

Thing looks like he's looking up at the text like "yall hosed up"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

Kevin Smith wrote this Spider-man/Black Cat comic called The Evil that Men Do and it's one of the worst comics I own. The only redeeming quality is the cheesecake artwork by Terry and Rachel Dodson. It's been years since I've read it but all I remember is that there was a multi-year gap between the first issues and the last issues and at some point Kevin decided the book should mostly be about rape and incest. I don't think those subjects are taboo, but Kevin didn't have the chops to handle the subject matter remotely well.