Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Found a JLA Deluxe Vol 2 at MSRP this weekend when I went back to NYC, I am jazzed like a mofo. That makes 3 out of the 4.

Now, the ridiculous hunt for JLA Deluxe Vol. 1, when I've just moved outside Philly and only know of one comic shop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007

xK1 posted:

I picked up volumes 1 & 2 for 60% below MSRP, now it's just a matter of saving up the money to get 3 & 4.

Where'd you find Vol 1 for that cheap? Any ebay auctions I see are from England, and once I convert the pounds and account for shipping, I might as well buy Rhyno's copy from his Amazon marketplace.

Which I am considering, Rhyno!

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Oh no, I'm right outside Philly, I was saying that I was only finding reasonable prices for it in Australia or Britain.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
My one hesitation for buying the Invisibles Omnibus is that it's crazy huge, and if it's anything like the Simonson Thor, it's going to fall apart basically mid-read.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007

paulnewmanseyes posted:

Hello,

We regret to inform you that the following items have been delayed as we are still awaiting stock from our suppliers :

Grant Morrison, Frank Quitely "Flex Mentallo - Man of Muscle Mystery (Deluxe Edition)"
Estimated arrival date: April 05 2012 - April 11 2012

One of Amazon's aims is to provide a convenient and efficient service; in this case, we have fallen short. Please accept our sincere apologies.

Meh, that's not too bad - Rhyno said a few posts up-thread that he's getting it this week, and Amazon is usually a week behind across-the-board on their comic releases. The timing works out as it usually does.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
I think any hesitation regarding buying the X-Statix omnibus comes from how loving huge the thing is, and not in terms of quality. Everyone I've talked to has had binding problems with the similarly-large Simonson Thor omnibus.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
About to pull the trigger on the Secret Warriors and X-Statix Omnibus. Good call or no?

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Alright then! Got the X-Statix brand new for $39, Secret Warriors (because I like everything of Hickman's I've read and can't wait for the FF omni), and the Morrison Action Comics Vol 1 hardcover. A good ol' haul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007

Uthor posted:

It's the complete main Sandman series that's collected in the first four Absolutes. There are a few things not collected there that you absolutely do not need to read, but may be enjoyable if you end up liking the series.

It is missing:
The two Death miniseries
The illustrated prose story story Dream Hunters (which was turned into a comic by P. Craig Russell)
The OGN Sandman: Endless Nights

The latter two of which are collected in Absolute Sandman Vol. 5, and the first collected in Absolute Death (which is otherwise light on material).