Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

What's up with the Squirrel Girl hardcover releases? When can I realistically expect the fifth one to be released? I don't buy a lot of Marvel so it's a bit of a mystery to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Sounds like an insanely expensive take on DC's Absolute editions.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

I managed to get Absolute Sandman vol 3 for £72.80, which is a fairly good price given it seems to be out of print. It's annoyingly much more than the sub £48 I'd paid for each of vol 1 and vol 2 though. 4 and 5 are closer to those two in price though so I should be able to finish the set.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

zer0spunk posted:

huh, i thought sandman was one of those sets that always got a reprint because of how well it sells..interesting. which logo is on the spine

Yeah me too, which is why I got some sticker shock when I went to buy V3. My totally unsubstantiated theory is that they are letting this run sell out before switching to Black Label. The ones in the UK market are all Vertigo.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Maybe a daft question, but is there a trade of the first 6 issues of Far Sector? I thought I'd give it a go but can't see it on Amazon or Forbidden Planet in the UK.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Ah that's be fine by me. I prefer hardcovers anyhow.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

JordanKai posted:

I got Sandman Deluxe vol. 1 in the mail today and I'm aghast. The Audible sticker on the cover is actually printed on the dust jacket. It looks so ugly!

Not sure if you can return items where you are, but if you can I'd give the absolutes a go. The format is brilliant for Sandman.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

To chime in on a somewhat related note, it feels like when Marvel put out an omnibus in Europe, if you don't get it immediately, it's back out of print.

I didn't have the spare cash to drop on the Remender X Force omnibus when it got a reprint in November. By Christmas it was all gone.

frameset fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Feb 2, 2021

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Snyder Batman Omni v1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1401298842/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_FSY2C2SC3FPGFDZXS8GE

$64 with a $21 off coupon.

$45 for a $125 book.

drat. Pretty jealous. I've keeping an eye on this on the UK.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Alhazred posted:

Has Marvel stopped releasing Squirrel Girl hardbacks? And why is vol. 11 of the paperbacks out of print?

Yeah seemingly. Right up to the Derek Charm era starting.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Starsnostars posted:

I know that I was buying the Tom King Batman hardcovers only for vol 5 to seemingly have a small print run and being sold for twice it's cover price and no vol 6 on the horizon.

Oh hey me too. I guess we're buying the inevitable omnibus.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Alhazred posted:

Seriously, why is Squirrel Girl vol. 11 out of print? Why that volume specifically?

More importantly why did the hardcover editions stop!?

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

If Uncanny Vol. 5 has Ben looking disappointed on the side, I'll consider it a win

Only if the cut out is vertical.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

I collect the Reign of X trades. Do I need to buy the Hellfire Gala HC like how I did with X of Swords after the end of Dawn of X, or is it material already collected in the Reign trades?

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Space Fish posted:

Barnes & Noble offering 25% off online preorders, offer ends Friday - code PREORDER25

Can confirm it works on Absolute Multiversity :smugdog:

There's an Absolute Multiversity coming soon? Thanks for the heads up!

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Cloks posted:

Where's my Unbeatable Squirrel Girl omnibus, Marvel? :arghfist:

I'd just like the Derek Charm volumes in hardcover please.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

It's hard to type with feathers!

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

A comic that good deserves Absolute edition, if you have the space of course.

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Does anyone here have the 2014 print of the Morrison Doom Patrol omnibus?

I'm thinking of buying it, but I'm unfamiliar with DC's print quality back then. What's the gutter loss like, the binding quality? etc

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

Has anyone else picked up the Miracleman omnibus? I'm reading it for the first time and in wondering if the colours have been redone. They seem really good for 1982, having recently read material from that era like JLI, COIE, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frameset
Apr 13, 2008

I heard people say the same thing about Absolute Watchmen. Ignorance is bliss for me I guess.