Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LCQC
Mar 19, 2009

Shameless posted:

On the plus side, they are pretty nicely priced and, Batwoman aside, all contain at least six issues.

:ssh: Its #0-5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LCQC
Mar 19, 2009

Mr. Glum posted:

I just received King City from Amazon, and now the page says it's up for review, "because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are shipping it, or the way it's described here."

Anyone know what this might be referring to?

The top of mines spine was a little hosed. International shipping though, so I kind of take what I can get.

LCQC
Mar 19, 2009

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

The second Empowered deluxe hardcover comes out in April.

Which April? I'm not seeing anything.

LCQC
Mar 19, 2009

paulnewmanseyes posted:

Hello,

We regret to inform you that the following items have been delayed as we are still awaiting stock from our suppliers :

Grant Morrison, Frank Quitely "Flex Mentallo - Man of Muscle Mystery (Deluxe Edition)"
Estimated arrival date: April 05 2012 - April 11 2012

One of Amazon's aims is to provide a convenient and efficient service; in this case, we have fallen short. Please accept our sincere apologies.

I got April 10 on Amazon, getting closer.

solidrooster posted:

Looks like August 29th for volume 2: http://www.darkhorse.com/Books/19-008/Empowered-Deluxe-Edition-Volume-2-HC

Cool.

LCQC
Mar 19, 2009

Hatter106 posted:

So, Animal Man Vol. 1 (New 52) just came out, TPB-only.
Has DC ever done this? Gone straight to the paperback instead of having to wait an extra 5 months after the hardcover?
And why the hell aren't they doing it for all their new books?

Most of the smaller new 52 titles are going straight to tbp, with Bats, etc, going hardcover.

LCQC
Mar 19, 2009

PelvicNerve posted:

I just fished Incognito: The Classified Edition and Powers: The Definitive Collection - Volume 5 on Amazon. Nice.
I like how Powers has kept its original price point.

Criminal: Deluxe 2 is also listed yesss.

LCQC
Mar 19, 2009

friendo55 posted:

Here is a beginner's collection as I just got into comics about 4 months ago. Not sure what took me so long, but my love of film noir and crime films got me thinking it'd work well in comic form. The rest is history - I can't get enough, and a lot of these are recommendations from you goons.

(Did anybody else get the Vol 5 trade of Locke & Key early from amazon?)

And my first ongoing monthly comic. I'm assuming this will get deluxe hardcovers down the road - amazing so far.

This is great stuff, but I'm spazzing hard at L&K 1 being a different size and the Y books segueing into tpb. Then again, I hate dust covers and always take them off, so maybe ignore my opinion? And the Parker Martini edition is definitely nice enough to upgrade to and lend the smaller books. I'll get a shelf photo sometime.

LCQC
Mar 19, 2009

Rhyno posted:

That Fear Agent is making me hot.

Same dimensions as the Hellboy Libraries, but like 1.5x the thickness. Its real nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LCQC
Mar 19, 2009
So Marvel is doing colour Essentials as "Epic Collections." Whats the verdict on the stories in the Thor and Iron Man books? IM 158-177 and Thor 383-400.