Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

TheManWithNoName posted:

I didn't expect Borders to have anything I wanted, but there were a few things I snagged at 60%. They had a LOT of Siege books, Naruto, Doonesbury hardcovers, etc. Also like 20 copies of a comic called The Griff which I've never heard of.

I may go back and get some more of Monster, and the HC of Stumptown.

You just reminded me that I need to finish getting Monster... but apparently the majority of the series is retardedly expensive and OOP! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Absolute Sandman is basically golden, right? I really want to buy Sandman because what I've read is amazing, and while Annotated Sandman seems pretty awesome it doesn't really seem like a great way to read most of the comic for the first time.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
If that was real and reasonably priced I'd probably buy it. I've been meaning to pick up an early Spawn trade to see if it's as least as fun as I remember it being, but given the material, 90s kitsch seems to fit a little better than :geno: TPBs.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Speaking of Dark Horse trades, are their Aliens omniboo worth a drat? They're super cheap and I know at least some of those comics kick insane rear end but I've seen some worrying reviews saying the pages fall out a lot.

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
How are Image's deluxe hardcovers, anyways? I already have the first three trades of Saga on Comixology, but I kinda want to pre-order the HC if they're typically good quality and/or big.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Alright, cool. I was mostly mildly worried because it's $30 and I'm used to hardcovers being way more expensive.

If it's built okay and there's no terrible gutter loss, I'll chalk it up as a win.