Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

phelps
Mar 28, 2011

Uthor posted:

Empowered Hardcover Deluxe Edition. 700 pages of fanservice!
http://www.darkhorse.com/Books/18-720/Empowered-Deluxe-Edition-Hardcover

My body is ready.

And just after getting the first Osamu Tezuka Buddha hardcover, I find out some of the others are OOP and overpriced.

Go figure.

Guess I'll just fill the blanks with the paperbacks. Hardcover snobbery can only take you so far in this hobby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phelps
Mar 28, 2011

JackDarko posted:

Seeing as how I was the one that was worried about this the most, I want to say I am very pleased with the 100 bullets hardcover. The paper is excellent and the design is very good.

Is it really oversized like it was solicited, or "regular" hardcover size?

phelps
Mar 28, 2011

Shameless posted:

Holy poo poo, has anyone else seen this awesome Spanish 100 Bullets collection?

Makes me wish I wasn't an ignorant Englishman and could speak me some "foreign"

Planeta DeAgostini Comics have also published "Integral" collections for Predicador (Preacher) and Osamu Tezuka's Adolf:

phelps
Mar 28, 2011

Endless Mike posted:

i wish it was true, because the Thor omni is still bigger.

Just by 120 pages, apparently. Mr. York there isn't hyping the AoA for being the biggest possible Omnibus (they did something like that for The Dark Tower, which wasn't true if I remember the page counts right). I don't know anything about this material or what constitutes its "core reading", but the presented idea is there wasn't anything else that wouldn't have "best fit in a companion book" by his own words.

And it's too bad about that Batman Year One Deluxe being flawed, it was one of my most anticipated 2012 collections.