Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

irlZaphod posted:

Why will the paper be not as nice? Have they changed the type of paper in the intervening 7 years? (I know from reading in here that they've changed the type of bindings on newer omnibuses).

They use a thinner paper, I know that much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I wonder if they are going to add all that poo poo to comixology.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

What happened to that no volume three thing?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

The main problem with epics is they are supposed to cover a lot of series, so they aren't very focused. So the have released like twenty but they are spread out over like fifteen series. So unless you are interested in many of them it doesn't look like much.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I am pretty sure epics are for poo poo that wouldn't sell well enough to warrant an omnibus. This is undercut a bit by some of the random poo poo they make omnibuses for.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

What about the omnibus that is just random poo poo from the 90's? Or the one that collects the first arcs from the ultimate line? I just don't understand you Marvel.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Wheat Loaf posted:

I think my most-wanted never-gonna-happen volume two omnibus from Marvel is New Warriors.

Is there something strange happening with Uncanny X-Men Vol. 3? I pre-ordered it off Amazon UK back in September and it's meant to have come out a week ago, but it's saying it's out of stock on the item page (though it seems you can get it from marketplace sellers).

Amazon releases about two weeks after street release the UK branch might even take longer.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

There is speculation we are getting a clone saga omnibus.

Hell yeah

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Oh I know, it's vol. 1.

If it's true, then it will at least be 4.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Also ASM vol. 2 in September I think.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

They seem to have cancelled the new X-factor trade, which sucks as I wanted to read hat clusterfuckk.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Wasn't that the book where Reed said he was an atheist even though he's met God?

To be fair if I lived in the Marvel U I would be an atheist too.

Useless rear end gods, needs me to bail their dumb asses out.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I don’t think they go by stats but random lottery

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I mean I’m more interested in how they are gonna map that fucker

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

The main problem with that is they will probably want to put in the issues that result in the revival of Jean Grey and that will balloon the page count….which they seem unwilling to do for Claremont X-men omnis that aren’t events

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Technically the inferno prologue Omni comes next. After Fall I mean

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jan 21, 2022

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Yeah soliciting three in two months is insane.

Though that apparently completes th run

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Lol Spencer’s Spider-Man man is getting an omnibus before Slott

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Well currently there are 9 omnibuses that cover the Claremont’s run with at very least 1 more coming out for 194-209 maybe two

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Yeah uncanny volume five is gonna be weird as with the suggestions I’ve heard it will contain less than ten X-men issues

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

No all 4 of the uncanny X men omnibuses just for reprints at the beginning of the year.

I think 2 is also the cheapest you can get it from cheap graphic novels for like 60

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I mean it does make sense the cartoon is getting a revival

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Well they announced X-men volume 5 and confirmed they are gonna keep going which will double dip with the event collections. Which is something

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

They didn’t say, but what’s funny is the uncanny X-men omni has 14 uncanny issues in it. Almost half is minus and not even minis Claremont wrote

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

JordanKai posted:

Happy as I am, I do think the choice of issues is a bit weird. No Annual 10 or issues of X-Factor leading up to Mutant Massacre? It's going to be a pretty thin book, so I don't understand why they would omit those.

Issue 10 is confirmed as part of the mapping of six along with the new mutants annual.

It’s really dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Well good news Marvel caved and now new mutants and the X-men annuals are apart of five