Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takei is Okay
Sep 3, 2011
In the previous thread, Jeremy's Iron asked:

Jeremys Iron posted:

(also what the hell happened to keeping the letters pages, very few of my recent omnibuses have had them).

Only the Silver Age Omniboo -- or more properly, the Omniboo that used to be 3-4 Masterworks volumes -- have letters pages. All the rest don't. Basically, it's the Masterworks editor slipping in a little bonus material.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takei is Okay
Sep 3, 2011

Jeremys Iron posted:

So does that mean that the Masterworks have letters pages too?

Nope! Letters pages are pretty much exclusive to Silver Age Omniboo. I think they're the Masterworks editor's way of making his Omnis a tiny bit more special than just "three Masterworks stapled together."

Takei is Okay
Sep 3, 2011

Shameless posted:

Bloody hell, even the shrinkwrapping doesn't help. Got my New teen titans Omnibus this morning and the spin's about a centimetre and a half askew. I'm not anal about these things so I won't be sending it back, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't get me a bit narked.
I'm somewhat flabbergasted to hear people getting so worked up about misfolded dustjackets that they *return the book*. I've gotten a fair few misfolds, and I just take the jackets off and re-fold them correctly.

It's not like the jackets are *creased* along their current fold lines -- they're just rounded a bit. You can fold them backwards along the same lines and they'll flatten right out. It's a little annoying, sure, but certainly not return-worthy...

Takei is Okay
Sep 3, 2011
The Sagas are generally individual single issues, not TPB exclusives. Annihilation Saga and War of Kings Saga (the only other DNA saga-book that I can think of) definitely exist as standalone issues.

Takei is Okay
Sep 3, 2011

quote:

STORMWATCH VOL. 2 HC
Writer: Warren Ellis
Artists: Tom Raney, Oscar Jimenez, Bryan Hitch, Paul Neary, Randy Elliot and others
Collects: STORMWATCH #48-50 and #1-11
$29.99 US, 384 pg

Uh oh. No WILDCATS/ALIENS?

Takei is Okay
Sep 3, 2011

Jeremys Iron posted:

Am I right in thinking that the New Avengers omnibus contains the same as the first 3 OSHCs plus:

AVENGERS (1963) #500-503
AVENGERS FINALE
NEW AVENGERS AND THE FANTASTIC FOUR #1

But appears to be missing 'New Avengers: Custom #676: Army & Air Force'

The Army custom comic is the same thing as "New Avengers & Fantastic Four #1".

Takei is Okay
Sep 3, 2011

Soldier o Fortune posted:

Anyone familiar with this series? Was there ever a TPB for those other 7 issues? Do I just need to stop crying and hunt them down individually?
Yup, quit yer cryin' and start yer huntin'.

Takei is Okay
Sep 3, 2011

quote:

it's so weird that the Paul Smith run (#165-175) is uncollected except in B&W Essential format and one issue showing up at the end of a Marvel Masterworks.

quote:

This was brought up once before and somebody claimed that Smith's reprint deal is what keeps those issues out of print.

But...Uncanny #168-175 *are* collected. They're in the recent Marvel Masterworks: Uncanny X-Men volume 9 HC, along with Wolverine #1-4 and "God Loves, Man Kills". Possibly the best X-Men Masterworks ever.

(And #165-167 are in the previous Masterwork.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takei is Okay
Sep 3, 2011
Buy 'em this way:

Avengers by Hickman vol. 1 OHC - collects Avengers #1-13
New Avengers vol. 1: Everything Dies Premiere HC - collects New Avengers #1-6
Infinity OHC - collects Avengers #14-23, New Avengers #7-12, Infinity #1-6

Then...
New Avengers by Hickman vol. 2 OHC - collects New Avengers #13-23, coming out in November
Avengers by Hickman vol. 3 OHC - presumably this will show up at some point and collect Avengers #24-34, since the HCs generally collect two TPBs each.

That's everything before "Time Runs Out", with no overlaps, all in HC, all oversized except for NA #1-6 which is a standard-sized HC.

If you really want NA #1-6 oversized, buy New Avengers by Hickman vol. 1 OHC instead of "Everything Dies," and just ignore the overlap of New Avengers #7-12 with the Infinity OHC. You'll still end up with the same number of books.

Takei is Okay fucked around with this message at 09:51 on May 17, 2015