Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

radlum
May 13, 2013
I never got to read the full Multiversity run and I wanted to know what is best way to do so, either in HC or TPB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radlum
May 13, 2013
I've started collecting Daredevil TPBs and HC and I got Nocenti's Touch of Typhoid omnibus. Besides the Heart of Darkness omnibus, there aren't anymore collected editions of her run right? , is the Fall from Grace omnibus the only one from the era between Nocenti and Kevin Smith's runs with the character?

radlum
May 13, 2013
So I got two Mighty Thor HC (from the Jane Foster era); they look pretty good, have a dust jacket and the actual cover is pretty nice looking art.

I'm trying to get the rest of the run in a similar format but since buying online is the only option, I don't know which is the actual Volume 3 that follows my previous volumes:

This one?
https://www.amazon.com/Mighty-Thor-Vol-Asgard-Shiar/dp/130290308X/ref=tmm_hrd_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1543696769&sr=8-2

or this (unreleased yet) one?

https://www.amazon.com/Thor-Jason-A...54E2KW5JJZTX0EE

radlum
May 13, 2013

X-O posted:

As Endless Mike said it depends on which two you have now. If you have the bigger volumes you want the second link. If you have the smaller volumes this is the full order:

Thor v1 Goddess of Thunder
Thor v2 Who Holds The Hammer
Secret Wars Battleworld: Thors
The Mighty Thor v1 Thunder in Her Veins
The Mighty Thor v2 Lords of Midgard
The Mighty Thor v3 The Asgard Shiar War
The Mighty Thor v4 The War Thor
The Mighty Thor v5 The Death of The Mighty Thor

That covers all the Jane Foster material.

So I checked the back of my HC and seems I have Vol 1, that covers both Goddess of Thunder and Who Holds the Hammer, and Vol 2, that covers Thunder in her Veins and Lords of Midgard (https://www.amazon.com/Jason-Aaron-...aron+thor+vol+2) I guess that explains my confusion.

The unreleased vol 3 is too big, as Endless Mike, said, but might be the one I'm looking for considering this?

radlum
May 13, 2013

X-O posted:

OK if these are the two you have:

https://www.amazon.com/Thor-Jason-Aaron-Russell-Dauterman/dp/1302900676/
https://www.amazon.com/Jason-Aaron-Russell-Dauterman-Mighty/dp/1302903802/

Then this is the one you need:

https://www.amazon.com/Thor-Jason-Aaron-Russell-Dauterman/dp/1302917382/

Alternatively you could buy the individual hardcovers and the numbers still line up:

The Mighty Thor v3 The Asgard Shiar War
The Mighty Thor v4 The War Thor
The Mighty Thor v5 The Death of The Mighty Thor

Cover the same material as the one coming out in May.

Thanks a lot! I'll wait until May; I've already spend too much on the Grant Morrison Batman Omnibus so I think May will be a reasonable time to get the Thor HC.

radlum
May 13, 2013
How do you fix an unglued spine in an omnibus? I got the Duggan/Posehn Deadpool Omnibus, but didn't check online before and now that my copy arrived from Amazon I realized it had serious issue with the spine. ANyone has tried to fix it?

radlum
May 13, 2013
How is the classic Hama/Costa-Gage GI Joe stuff collected? I know IDW makes HC for their own recent stuff, but how can I find those runs?

radlum
May 13, 2013
Thanks for the advice; I’ll be getting Last Laugh on TPB later this year. Sadly GI Joe stuff is not available on Comixology in my country for some reason. I think I’ll try with a VPN

radlum
May 13, 2013

JordanKai posted:

It's not quite a forum or group, but Near Mint Condition gets scoops about collected editions directly from Marvel and DC, so I think they're worth a follow. They help me keep up with OHC and omnibus releases better than any comic news websites.

Yeah; their content is good, but their scoops are the main reasons I follow them. I get genuinely excited whenever they make their Marvel Omnibus announcements and their recommendations are good to keep track of the monthly releases.

radlum
May 13, 2013
How many Omnibuses (omnibi?) would cover Claremont’s original X-Men run. I was thinking of selling my Epic Collections and going to omnibus for Claremont’s run but I wonder how many volumes would that be

radlum
May 13, 2013
This is messier than I expected, though I understand why. I think I’ll stick to the epic collections for a while.

radlum
May 13, 2013
I took advantage of the Amazon 3for2 sale and got UXM Vol 1 and 3 and Vol 2 of the Claremont/Lee omnibus. I guess I’ll move my X-Men collection to HC and omnis now.

Is Vol 2 out of print and hard to get?

radlum
May 13, 2013

JordanKai posted:

I didn't catch this news until now, but Marvel announced the release of an omnibus of the 1990's X-Men Animated Series comic adaptation.

All I can say is this:

I just got Vol 4 to complete my collection and to see the gap between Vol 4 and Mutant Massacre makes me want Vol 5 even more.

radlum
May 13, 2013
Vol 5 just got announced for next year; still a chance for it to ruin such a good looking bunch of spines.

radlum
May 13, 2013
Are the Hellboy Library Editions worth it? I saw a couple of them on the B2G1 sale on Amazon and I was thinking of getting them, but I also know there are cheaper omnis for the whole run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

radlum
May 13, 2013

Starsnostars posted:

A Black Cat by Jed Mackay omnibus was just announced for next year which I'm looking forward to getting.

Is Vulpes the first goon to get his work published in a premium format?