Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Hey kids! Do you want to be as AKOOL as me?
I'm looking for decent Spider-Man collections. Is the Todd McFarlane omnibus any good, or is it just too 90's?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Teenage Fansub posted:

Maximum Carnage Omnibus
Maximum Carnage Omnibus
Maximum Carnage Omnibus

Noooooooooo not again.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

drat, I'd be able to get the Roger Stern omnibus if I hadn't already spent a chunk of money on Hellboy last week. Hopefully I can still find a decent deal for it next month. Is the Erik Larsen and David Michelinie book also good?

Side note: my god these Hellboy library editions are nice.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Speaking of which, why the hell is the Plague of Frogs Volume 1 hardcover really easy to get, but the others are stupidly expensive? Were they just not reprinted or something?

And why does Dark and Terrible start with volumes 3-5 of the existing Abe series? That seems like an awkward way to start a collection.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

JordanKai posted:

They stopped reprinting the Plague of Frogs hardcovers in reverse order for some reason. Up until a month or two ago Volume 2 was readily available as well.

And I have no idea why they skipped the first two Abe volumes for the hardcovers. Maybe they're planning to include them in the BPRD: Hell on Earth hardcovers at some point? He was still part of the team in the first two volumes, I guess. :shrug:

That sucks. I have really bad tendonitis, and it makes it harder for me to read large paperbacks, but if the hardcovers aren't available I guess I'll just have to deal. And I don't want to get one hardcover and three paperbacks, that's just silly.

Also I just learned that the first two volumes are getting their own collection next July.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Rhyno posted:

Wanna buy my BPRD HCs?

Eh, I don't know, I'm trying not to go too much crazier this month, what with all the holiday sales and gift buying. How much?

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Is Spider-Man by Roger Stern out of print or something? I found it at my local store, but online I can only find it second hand.

Also Rhyno, I got a book stand that holds pages open for me for Christmas, so I don't think I'll need those BPRD HCs, since the paperbacks shouldn't be a problem for me anymore. I definitely appreciate the offer, though.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Speaking of going out of print, I'm trying to hold off on getting that Akira 35th Anniversary Box Set for now, but I'm super scared that it'll be too late before I pull the trigger, since a set that luxurious doesn't strike me as something that'll continue to be sold new for years to come. Unless I'm just completely off base here.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

I was going to use my newly acquired Christmas funds to get either Spider-Man by Roger Stern or the Akira set, and since I learned that the former is out of print, I opted for that instead. But boy, the price on the Akira set seems to go up every time I look at it on Amazon.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

I hear the binding on the Black Science HCs is too tight and hurts the art somewhat. It's probably especially rough considering how many two page spreads that series has.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

What the hell is wrong with Dark Horse? Why can I easily get BPRD Plague of Frogs volumes 1 and 3, but not 2 and 4? I don't understand how this works. At least I can still get the hardcover version of volume 1 easily enough.

Also, son of a bitch I waited too long to try getting Akira and now that's not available either. I think I'm learning some kind of lesson here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Hu, my local comic shop appears to have the HC of Justice, which I didn't know existed and can't seem to find online. Should I go for it?