Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
Hi Goons

I got a question and not sure if this is the right thread. I don't really read comics but something compelled me back in 2015 to buy the Marvel Star Wars Volume 1 Omnibus, probably that it has that funny version of Jabba the Hutt in it. Fast forward to 2022 and it's still on my shelf sealed.

In a act of boredom I decided to look up it's worth and it's worth about $250. I'm wondering a few things:

1. I'm not in a rush to sell it, would it be beneficial for me to hold onto it or take advantage of the market while it's hot?

2. If I do hold onto it, what's a good way to protect it since it's a very heavy book

3. If I sell it, should I get it graded first?

4. If I sell it where should I, eBay?

I appreciate your help!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
Sweet thank you for the response and I'll look more into it.

aperfectcirclefan
Nov 21, 2021

by Hand Knit

Casyl posted:

1. If it goes for about $250, that's towards the upper end of how much OOP omnis go for, so it's probably not going to get much more valuable. And if it ever gets reprinted, the value goes down to around what you pick up the new version for.
2. Just leave it on a shelf.
3. No such thing as getting an omnibus graded.
4. r/comicswap or there's a couple facebook groups for collecting and selling hardcovers/omnis.

That's extremely good to know. I'll look into off loading this then if $250 is about the max.