Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."

Beanpants posted:

How is this different from this:

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Incorporated-Vol-Grant-Morrison/dp/1401232124/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1321310070&sr=8-1

Is the Amazon linked one cancelled?

Yeah, the product updates page at Diamond's site says the original solicit is cancelled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."

redbackground posted:

Someone fill me in on why Crossing is so terrible--I've never even heard of it until now.

The basic plot was that Kang had been controlling Tony Stark for years so the Avengers had to go back in time and recruit a teenage Tony Stark to fight modern-day Tony and Kang. The end result was teenage Tony Stark joining the Avengers. And that's where Teen Tony came from!

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

Hahaha, I can't wait to see what they throw into the Infinite Crisis Omnibus.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

jimcunningham posted:

Oh ok. I thought maybe it was kind of like the Defenders or X-Sanction previews type of thing.

Holy gently caress you're good, dude.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

jimcunningham posted:

Sure. How's this for Ultimate?

I'm pretty sure it's just Bendis and Vaughn with those artists. Correct me if I'm wrong.

That's right, but I'd correct it to "Vaughan," his actual name.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

Flex is a work on par with Watchmen, full stop.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

Keep in mind the excellent Peter Doherty is remastering and recoloring the entire comic, so the delays aren't ridiculous.

EDIT: The colorist, not the crackhead and horse addict

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

StumblyWumbly posted:

Recoloring seems a bit unnecessary, doesn't it? I love the recoloring done on Watchmen, but that was from an era where backgrounds were all one color and shading was a bit poo poo. I don't remember Flex having those problems. Were there specific corrections someone wanted to make?

That was exactly printing in the days of Flex. It's being redone to have less flat color (which kinda worked) and more of a We3/All Star Superman look.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

Next week, dogg.

http://www.previewsworld.com/shipping/upcomingreleases.txt

http://www.comiclist.com/index.php/lists/dc-comics-extended-forecast-for-03-28-2012

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

Rhyno posted:

I'll believe it when I hold it in my own hands!

But yeah, Diamond doesn't post my invoice until 8 am ad that's really all I pay attention to at this point.

I heard somewhere on here that Quitely's gotten his comp copies, so I think it'll actually make this date. About drat time, too!

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

Rhyno posted:

Hopefully no production gently caress ups like Batman Year One. Four of the five of my preorders heard about that shitstorm and refused the book.

Ugh, yeah. That sucks, but I really can't blame them. DC should have made that thing returnable.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

I'm pretty sure Morrison and Quitely have both praised the recolor.

Yeah, Doherty says he did it "in close collaboration" with Frank Quitely. http://notaproperperson.blogspot.ca/

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

bairfanx posted:

Is this the most recent edition of the Incal?

Naw, the most recent edition is superb.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

My favorite part of that Hachette catalog is Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe, a collection of a miniseries that ISN'T EVEN ANNOUNCED.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

Lord Krangdar posted:

Issues 5 and 6 were released as an interlude in the middle of the Brainiac storyline. That confused people because chronologically those issues take place after the Brainiac story. So the hardcover moves that story to the end. Now the issues are in chronological order rather than publishing order.

I'm also fairly sure they were always intended to be the arc after the first, since he said the second arc was short and involved the Legion. The first just went behind.