Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
For all you DCBS users, you should know that their general manager has just left the company. He was the single reason they had such good inventory control and with his departure I expect things to begin to slide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Glenn Danzig posted:

Might be just a hair bit premature to say things like that. I have already gotten my shipping notification for this months shipment which is earlier than normal.

Honestly I expect IST to slide more than DCBS. IST utilizes their store inventory which he was responsible for. With him gone their already sorry employees will almost certainly let things go.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jeremys Iron posted:

Thirdly a thank you to Rhyno for checking out whether the Wolverine omnibus is out of print or not as it seems to have vanished from the UK (hopefully temporarily).

Did I tell you?Well in case I didn't, Diamond is indeed sold out of it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jeremys Iron posted:

I have a Marvel shelf in ordered alphabetically by title - so Captain America then Captain Britain etc.

Then another bookshelf for stuff that isn't Marvel (Swamp Thing, Starman, the couple of Absolutes I own etc.)

Also Alan Moore gets his own section (but the Captain Britain omnibus is in with rest of the Marvel stuff - some sacrifices had to be made).

You didn't tell me. This is bad news. Balls.

What are the odds of a reprint come the next Wolverine movie do you reckon? It feels to me like this should be like the Spider-Man omnibus rather than the more obscure stuff, but that may be wishful thinking.

(amazon.com have it for $99 but unless the dollar takes a nosedive of Bush-era levels - which we all pray it will - that'll remain over my limit of what I'm willing to spend on an omnibus - especially after shipping).

The book took years to finally sell out. It's far more likely they'll do a second volume rather than a reprint since most of the contents of the first one are available in smaller books.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jeremys Iron posted:

Why you gotta do this to me man?

I thought they kept printing it? It used to vanish from amazon, the book depository etc. for a couple of months and then magically reappear (though that may just be indicative of poor stock management).

Ah well - saved me some money I guess.

Marvel probably sent replenishments from their warehouse. If it's drying up everywhere it means they've finally run out altogether.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

UncleMonkey posted:

Got my Walter Simonson Thor omnibus in the mail today. Opened it to find that some jackass had probably damaged it at the warehouse. The top of the spine and the tops of the pages a quarter of the way into the book were sliced in half.

Just created the return and requested a replacement. Does anyone know how long that takes? I know it says if they don't receive the original item within 30 days they charge for the original item as well. Does that mean they'll send me a replacement right away? I'd better not have to wait until they receive the original, seeing as how they already charged me $72.

Oh sweet excitement, how quickly you turn to bitter disappointment. :(

Who did you buy it from?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Annihilators is oversized AND available in two covers.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Glenn Danzig posted:

There is only 1 Annihilators HC and it's oversized.

http://www.comicbookdb.com/title.php?ID=32348

There are two covers, I have both sitting at work because I couldn't decide which to buy. One is the team, the other is Rocket Raccoon & Groot.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Glenn Danzig posted:

Same book, different dust jacket. :nyd:

What I meant is, there is only an OSHC of this title, not a separate Premiere and OSHC, if you are ordering an Annihilators HC, it's going to be oversized.

There's a huge difference! One cover is awesome and the other cover is RACCOON AWESOME.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ghost Boner posted:

Jesus, I can't find a copy of Secret Six: Depths trade anywhere, and the only copy on eBay is selling for $70+. What the hell, how can something that recent sell out so fast?

DC doesn't print large runs for collections of second tier books.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

wildlele posted:

I know no one likes dirty binding pictures, but here we go!

Why do you store your books upside down?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
For any Amazon sellers, why does Amazon randomly delete items I list?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Glenn Danzig posted:

STORMWATCH VOL. 1 HC
Written by WARREN ELLIS
Art by TOM RANEY, PETE WOODS, MICHAEL RYAN, JIM LEE, RANDY ELLIOT, SALEEM CRAWFORD and RICHARD BENNETT
Cover by TOM RANEY and RANDY ELLIOTT

Sweet, been hoping for this one.

quote:

FLEX MENTALLO: MAN OF MUSCLE MYSTERY DELUXE EDITION HC
Written by GRANT MORRISON
Art and cover by FRANK QUITELY

Gonna do my best Roger Daltry here

YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

Where'd you find Vol 1 for that cheap? Any ebay auctions I see are from England, and once I convert the pounds and account for shipping, I might as well buy Rhyno's copy from his Amazon marketplace.

Which I am considering, Rhyno!

You're overseas? My Amazon account isn't set up to sell overseas but if you make a fair offer I could be convinced to sell it outside of there.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Holy poo poo! The TeenTitans Games HC is old school Graphic Novel sized!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

wdarkk posted:

So assuming I want to own the "good" Power Girl comics (Amanda Conner) are there only two collections?
This one and this one?

The entire series was good.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

wdarkk posted:

What's the indicator that the trade is part of that series? Just look for Power Girl with Jimmy Palmiotti writing?

Judd Winnick's run was every bit as good.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

StumblyWumbly posted:

The first is oversized, at least.

As is the second.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It would really be nice if DC would print a new edition of the Warren Ellis Authority issues so I could ifll these drat special requests.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Glenn Danzig posted:

Holy mis-folded dust jacket!

No poo poo, I report stuff like that as damaged.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Hark! A Vagrant Hardcover comes out tomorrow! I'm so excited!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The 100 Bullets hardcover has excellent paper stock, no worries.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I've been in NYC for the last few days on vacation and today we went to Time Machine comics and what do I find? Spirit Archives volume 14! Still shrink wrapped and it was on their 50% off shelf so I snagged it for $25! I love this town!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So am I the only BSSer with a complete set then?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well I'm depressed.

With the acquisition of the last Spirit Archives I no longer have any old books on my must have list. The white whale has been slain and now I have no reason to exist.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

phelps posted:

Is it really oversized like it was solicited, or "regular" hardcover size?

It's oversized.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Happy Hippo posted:

:eng101: They're cheaper on Amazon.

Pst...

Diamond had it on sale two weeks ago so everybody has copies lying around.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Happy Hippo posted:

The Simonson Thor Omnibus does not "lie around." It looms.

It fell off the shelf and kapowed me at work. I wandered around for 3 days before my memory came back.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

wildlele posted:

DC was going to get slammed either way on this but really guys? Do you want a four issue hardcover just so you can have something sooner? I don't see Action comics as being a bad example, it will collect eight issues making it a nice size and four months after issue eight isn't fantastic but no need to slam on DC. You have to remember these aren't iPhone 4Ss, they aren't air freighting them. They are printed in China (usually) and shipped over on boat.

The bulk of DC's hardcovers are printed in Canada and Iowa.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

wildlele posted:

Beats me then, 4 months after the final issue isn't the worst thing in the world. Either bind your own or suck it up.

It's bothersome because Flashpoint was released so quickly and Marvel's trades are released within what, a month of the end of the arc? And I don't want shoddy bound books, I want real trades that flow with the rest of my bookshelf.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dacap posted:

Does anyone know where I can find a copy of Absolute Planetary Vol. 1 for a reasonable price (shipping to Canada)?

Not gonna happen for under $140 dude. I told everone when it went out of stock! Nobody listened to me!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Romav posted:

Just received my copy of Batman: Noel. The art blows me away. Going to read it later but I keep flipping through it to check out how great it looks. Hope the story is at least half as good as the art.

I found the art to be wonderful but the story to be so lacking. Another case of artist but not writer.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Zachack posted:

Even the reprint when V2 came out?

The price bottomed out when the reprint came out but those are long sold out so the demand is back up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

JohnWilkesGoonth posted:

The Crossing can sit next to Secret Wars 2 in the "why did they collect this poo poo" pile.

I totally want the Crossing Omnibus just to see if they can make sense out of it. Back when it was being released nobody could figure out what order to read half the drat books in and the "official" read list Marvel put out didn't work.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Glenn Danzig posted:

Marvel is really helping me in my recent resolve to not buy every single Omnibus.

Thanks Marvel!

It was Atlantis Attacks for me. The second I put it on the bookshelf I realized I'd never read it or half of the books I'd bought in the last year.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

enigmahfc posted:

My local shop actual has that Acts of Vengeance Crossovers omnibus for $25 still sealed. I argue with myself on if I should buy it just because it's so big and thats so cheap.

Buy it, cut out the insides and turn it into a hidey-hole.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Shameless posted:

Sorry, afraid I don't. Just saw it on another forum and though I'd share.

I wish DC still did cool poo poo like that for North America.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Corbet posted:

Does anybody know where I can get Morrison's Batman and Robin Vol. 1 & 2 hardcovers for a decent price? Apparently they're out of print and Amazon is out of stock.

I've been meaning to pick them up - are they worth tracking down?

Best Batman books of the last 5 years. I might have them in my pile of stuff to sell. I'll get back to you.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

d00gZ posted:

The basic plot was that Kang had been controlling Tony Stark for years so the Avengers had to go back in time and recruit a teenage Tony Stark to fight modern-day Tony and Kang. The end result was teenage Tony Stark joining the Avengers. And that's where Teen Tony came from!

And he was hand-waved away by using Franklin Richards powers. What a terrible continuity fix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Zevin_Mars posted:

Also, with The Crossing on the way, anyone else think we'll see an Onslaught Omnibus in a year or two?

It would have to be two volumes but once the softcovers all sell out it would be quite likely.