Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Man, I heard about that Invisibles Omni and the size of it made me think it was bullshit so I never posted about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Diamond accidentally shipped the X-Statix omnibus to a few stores a week early so a few lucky bastards already have it in their hands.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Corbet posted:

So it looks like Morrison's Batman and Robin Vol 1 & 2 Hardcovers are out of print, have we heard anything about his run being collected in one hardcover?

Nope. They're issuing new editions of the earlier parts of his Batman run but not B&R. They will probably put out a softcover of it but I doubt a HC is on the horizn any time soon.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Shameless posted:

The upcoming Geoff Johns Teen Titans Omnibus has been cancelled. Maybe it will be resolicited. Maybe it won't.

Supergirl: Good Looking Corpse and Thunder Agents Chronicles vol. 1 have also apparently been given the chop.

The Johns TT Omni is having it's content retooled, I'm pretty sure it will be resolicited.

Thunder Agents Chronicles was going to collect all the lovely versions of the book over the years right? I was actually looking forward to that one.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Shameless posted:

Ah, that makes sense, couldn't see them cancelling a johns book out of the blue. And yeah, the Chronicles book was the older stuff. Might have just been a reprint of one of the archives is you're that desperate for it.

The first Archive is out of print so it's possible. I was hoping they'd eventually collect everything, even that horrible Rob Liefeld issue.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well we already knew about the Absolute Final Crisis but other than that I see nothing I want.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

krut posted:

I'm definitely gonna pick up Absolute Final Crisis. Has anyone gotten the Criminal deluxe hardcover? I just ordered it from Thwipster.

I have it, it's a fantastic package.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Zachack posted:

Seconding this, outstanding book. Not sure how I feel on the lack of dust jacket.

I wish more books lacked a dust jacket. They bend, show shelf wear easily, get torn, I really hate them. Criminal is one of the most excellent hardcovers released in the last few years.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

d00gZ posted:

Hahaha, I can't wait to see what they throw into the Infinite Crisis Omnibus.

Random pages from 50 different books that tied into the series probably.

Here's two pages from Firestorm! And five pages from Teen Titans!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
DC will probably gently caress us by releasing an Absolute Return of Bruce Wayne that will include the loving Road Home books.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bairfanx posted:

I hate you so much right now.

Ha, now you know it's happening.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I like the look of your custom binds man, very slick.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

jimcunningham posted:

That'll be $6000, please. I'll work on the other volumes today and this week, before I go to work.

BTW, I missed out on about 10 years of comics, so which arc is better, WWHulk or Planet Hulk? I'm going to pick one of those up tomorrow probably.

Planet Hulk by a mile.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bairfanx posted:

Did anyone pick up that classic TMNT hardcover? I'm getting an itch for it, but our shop sold the copy we got before I got a chance to flip through it.

It's an excellent package, the paper stock is nice, the art is clean, overall I'd say 4 out of 5. If I had one gripe is the lack of color (YES I KNOW IT WAS B&W). The First collections were very nicely colored and I miss that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bairfanx posted:

Look into that, as I don't know why they'd cancel it. I got an email delaying it again to 3/6/12...

Diamond Retailer site says new date TBA...

we're boned.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Shameless posted:

The MMW messageboard says they got a Diamond update a week or so ago dating it as mid-Feb (can't remember the exact date). Have you had something more recent?

edit: amazon dates are always behind DM dates so mid-Feb for DM and early March for Amazon sounds about right.

Well I looked and now it's gone so who knows when the gently caress it's coming out.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Shameless posted:

Do you like Grant Morrison when he's doing his comics meta-commentary stuff? If so then you absolutely should get it. It's a distillation of pure G-Mo. It's arguably his best work and it's got gorgeous Quitely art.

I think you're overstating how good it is. Yes it's a fantastic book but 50% of the hype is coming out of the fact that it's been impossible to get a physical copy since it was originally published.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

d00gZ posted:

Flex is a work on par with Watchmen, full stop.

Had anyone else said this I would have disagreed but its hard to argue with you about the Marist of Morrison comics.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bairfanx posted:

so, I haven't read Fraction's Iron Man since the last giant hardcover came out. I assume it's just as good and I should get the second volume?

Yes, I was just reading it on the can earlier and it's every bit as good as the first volume if not better.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

wildlele posted:

I love the nerds who collect MMW raging after 189 titles the spine changes :lol:

Hey, the MMW fans bitched so much it made Marvel offer them in 2 covers.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

enigmahfc posted:

People actually give a poo poo what the spine looks like? Seriously? Huh. I always thought what was inside the book mattered more, but I guess not.

I sold a guy a book on Amazon and it was the direct market version instead of mass market. He was so pissed he filed for a wage garnishment.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Glenn Danzig posted:

I dunno man, if I ordered a direct market cover and got the mass market cover instead, I would be upset. 90% of those mass market covers are pure loving evil.

Until about a year ago Amazon used the same listing for both versions of Marvel premier hardcovers so it didn't matter on my end.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Starsnostars posted:

If the guy was prepared to get so angry about that I wonder why he didn't just contact you before buying the book to find out which cover it had. :confused:

You think you're confused?

I'm seriously close to closing my Amazon store because of the psychos who shop on the marketplace. I sold a copy of the Pride & Prejudice HC from Marvel and the buyer is flipping her poo poo. She's never been into comics before and doesn't understand the collected edition. It's probably not a good idea to make physical threats via Amazon's messaging system but it hasn't stopped her.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Shameless posted:

It was solicited the other day. It's one of those smaller-sized Dark Horse paperback Omnibuses, not an HC.

I'll still probably get it though, I've been meaning to try Grendel for ages and this looks like a decent was to dip my toe in.

A few years ago I found a pile of the old Grendel trades at a book sale for $2 each. Now I wish I'd kept them, I hate the smaller DH Omni format.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

wildlele posted:

It is no fish (hopefully)

http://www.amazon.com/New-X-Men-Omnibus-Grant-Morrison/dp/0785165053/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1326406767&sr=8-1

It’s interesting to note that the previous omnibus housed an incredible 1096 pages… and the reprint includes even more material, weighing in at a gigantic 1120 pages!

August is so far away...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

JackDarko posted:

They went with absolute for the batman and robin stuff after all.

They did?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

redbackground posted:

Can you link this one? I don't see it.

Because there isn't one. There's OSHCs but not Absolutes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ahhhhh, so in 11 months there will be an Absolute.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They published it in a standard sized hardcover as well so if you want the whole series in HC your shelf will look stupid.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Slayer1597 posted:

HA, I dont have a shelf! (I wish I did) but currently I just bag them and keep them in a Comics box.

So is isn't part of the story arc?, I should have specified that I knew it wasnt written by morrison, but it looks like it belongs in the series.

Also, is it in my best interest to pick up the complete book of Bone for like 40 bucks?

It's written by Pete Tomasi and it's good but not essential.

If you don't buy Bone all of BSS will hate you.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

wildlele posted:

Edited that for you as there is zero hope of ever achieving this sigh....

Recent examples

GLC - switched from TPBs to HCs only
Justice League 80s series - 4 hardcovers, now two softcovers
Marvel - well they switched their logo / branding so good luck matching anything ongoing
DC - ""
EC Archives - changed publisher, new logo

Fantagraphics seems reasonably safe against this sillyness but time will tell.

GLC just goes to HC first, the SCs are later, like all DC HCs.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Space_Butler posted:

DC Source has modified their list of the New 52 trades/hardcovers. It looks like all the books that are getting canned will end up collecting all 8 issues instead of the first 6, as well as a few titles getting their issue count bumped up to 7.

I'm really shocked they're collecting the canceled books. I'll be even more shocked at the retailers that actually order them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

StumblyWumbly posted:

Apparently the Xombi TPB is coming out tomorrow, so I have some faith if they're collecting a low selling series with 0 chance of being referenced.

It's like they took the guy who was in charge of trades and shuffled him off into some corner where he could do no further harm...

New comics and trades come out on Wednesdays.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I am so down for that Gil Kane Superman book. I hope it turns into a series and they stop just short of when he started inking everything with a Sharpie.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They probably have to re clear the rights to print the Aliens again. That's what held up the original softcover.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

^burtle posted:

Johns Omnibus is to diffuse how overpriced some of the trades had gotten I think.

Nevermind that there's what, 1 Waid Flash trade?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

I am not sure how many in print but there is
Born to Run
The Return of Barry Allen
Reckless Youth
Terminal Velocity
Dead Heat
Race Against Time
Future Perfect
The Wild Wests

Sorry, I meant in print. But I was wrong, the only Mark Waid Flash book still available new from the publisher is the Flash/GL Brave and the Bold mini.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

redbackground posted:

:rant::hf::reject: Nothing bugs me more (collected editions-wise) than when the covers aren't placed before each issue. Luckily, it's much more rare now then it used to be.

DC used to be bastards about that. All the covers would be reprinted like 6 to a page at the back of the book.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

redbackground posted:

Or just not at all (hello, Knightsaga!).

Does anyone else remember the very brief AOL enhanced comic experience? Where if you wanted things like covers you had to go to DC's AOL page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

obi_ant posted:

I've never read any of the Batman "No Man's Land" arcs. There seems to be a new set coming out which spreads out over three TPBs. It this set worth picking up? It's 500 pages each at only $20, which is a steal. This is the one I'm referring to. http://www.amazon.com/Batman-No-Mans-Land-Vol/dp/1401232280/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_c

I haven't bought it yet but we have it in the store. Looks pretty good but some of the stuff in the original trades appears to be left out and a few of the comics reprinted look like unimportant pages were skipped.