Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I organize by publisher/size (they usually go hand in hand). My collection isn't big though - I only really have ~30 hardcovers, and I really only collect in that format.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Does anybody know if DC ever released a collection of Dini's Detective Comics run? I remember really liking it when I was reading singles.

Maybe it was terrible and it's all nostalgia.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Woah, they're releasing Fables v. 4 at a much faster rate than its predecessors (used to be every year). Awesome.

How's Dark Victory? Worth the Absolute treatment? I liked Loeb's Long Halloween.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Random Stranger posted:

As a heads up Tales of Wonder is offering 50% off what looks like all in print DC Archives. There's a pile of other stuff (mainly Dark Horse) on sale at a similar rate (if you don't own all three volumes of the Herbie archives what's wrong with you?).

Time to wrap up my Plastic Man Archives I think...

I tend to avoid any pre-1980s comics, but I'm curious, how are the Batman and Dark Knight Archives? Worth picking up?

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Does anybody know where I can get Morrison's Batman and Robin Vol. 1 & 2 hardcovers for a decent price? Apparently they're out of print and Amazon is out of stock.

I've been meaning to pick them up - are they worth tracking down?

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Best Batman books of the last 5 years. I might have them in my pile of stuff to sell. I'll get back to you.

I ended up grabbing Volume 1 for $10 online but I'd definitely take Volume 2 off your hands.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

So it looks like Morrison's Batman and Robin Vol 1 & 2 Hardcovers are out of print, have we heard anything about his run being collected in one hardcover?

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Just got my copy of Annotated Sandman Volume #1:

It's roughly the size of a record. Not bad for $30, although it's Black and White.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Hey guys remember when I asked if there will be a Batman and Robin absolute a month or so ago and you all said no?

Good thing I only tracked down volume 1.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Shameless posted:

Already got the three New X-Men OSHCs but I reckon a lot of people will be excited for a reprint of the omnibus.

I've already got the New X-men Omnibus preordered but I wish they would have reprinted the smaller OSHCs instead. I'm getting sick of huge tomes that have binding issues over time.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Hatter106 posted:

This is probably considered off-topic but I'm gonna ask here anyway: I need shelf buying advice.

I want to avoid the flimsy $100 pressboard shelves you see at Walmart. I browsed through an office supply company's online store and while some of their shelves seem quite sturdy, they also fly past $300+ very quickly. My question, I suppose, is how much is too much for a sturdy 6ft tall shelf? At what point am I just paying a markup for expensive wood and finishes?

Just get an Expedit from Ikea. It's pressboard but decent quality.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Looks like the Scott Pilgrim Hardcover is available for pre-order on Amazon:

Scott Pilgrim Color Hardcover Volume 1: Precious Little Life

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Does anybody have any pictures of the Scott Pilgrim hardcover or New X-Men Omnibus?

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

bairfanx posted:

That's something at least. Looks like oversized paperbacks instead of hardcovers, but at least it will be in print again.

Is it really that good of a series? A lot of Mike Carey's work at Marvel was hit or miss for me.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

How often do you guys even read your Marvel Omnibus collections? I want the New X-Men really badly but it seems unwieldy.

:sigh: Maybe I'm just picky. I'd much rather have such a big run divided into 3 oversized hardcovers. Hell, you'd probably make more money off me that way.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

InStockTrades is awesome, they easily beat Amazon prices when it comes to high prices Absolute and Omnibus books.

Speaking of Absolutes, somebody talk me out of buying Absolute Death. On one hand, the completist in me wants it to complete my Sandman set. On the other hand, I can get the Death Hardcover for $16.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

JackDarko posted:

My Absolute Batman and Robin shipped, getting it tomorrow pretty stoked to see what it looks like.

Take some pics if you get a chance.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Is the binding DC Absolute books generally sewn and Marvel Omnibus generally glued?

I have the whole set of Sandman Absolutes and it looks like a couple of them have the spine glued to the binding and a couple aren't glued (you can look down the spine and see the spine separated from the binding of the pages). Is this the case for anybody else?

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Glenn Danzig posted:

Marvel Omnibu have all been sewn for years now.

Many people see glue used on a book at automatically think they book is NOT sewn. This is not the case.

I'm fairly certain my Brubaker Captain America Omnibus is glued.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

When exactly does Fables "jump the shark" for most people? It seems to me that a lot of people stopped reading it after a while due to the story getting stale and Willingham being more political in his writing.

The Israel analogy in the last hardcover really made me :rolleyes:. Maybe I should just stop at volume 6 of the hardcovers.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

In Stock Trades Media Mail shipments are packaged well, correct? I think I'm done ordering books with Amazon - my Lucifer TPB was thrown in a padded envelope and all 3 of them they sent me had damage.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

I've been looking to finally read some Deadpool comics for the first time, this looks like the perfect opportunity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Unfortunately, I've turned into a 20-something who moves from apartment to apartment every year. What does this mean? I'm sick of lugging around so much media. I'm selling off pretty much all my books, hardcover comics, and trades. You can find a list here:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3658400

I've kept pretty much everything in immaculate condition.