Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

How long does Thwipster typically take to ship? I ordered some stuff Monday and haven't heard anything since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

sporklift posted:

Yeah. They took the money, confirmed the order through email and there it sits 'unfulfilled'. Guess I am just spoiled by Amazon.
I got my shipping confirmation yesterday, actually. Luis told me on Twitter that they usually only ship on Wednesdays. Kind of a bummer, but worth it for the savings, I guess.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

JackDarko posted:

What are the two books next to your complete Calvin and Hobbes set?
If you click the pictures, you can see them in full size. They're "The Completely MAD Don Martin."

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I guess Amazon got another shipment of Black Mirror since they shipped me a copy today!

Funny story: I had ordered it along with another couple books and totally forgot about it, then ordered from Thwipster, who eventually cancelled my order since they didn't get their full shipment or something and couldn't fulfill it. I didn't realize I had ordered from Amazon until they told me they weren't able to get it, either, but I left the order open, anyway. So this is cool.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

^burtle posted:

I don't own Bone anymore. :[
Mods? Do the needful.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I preordered the Age of Apocalypse omni last night. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Where from? Amazon? I ask because it came out a few weeks ago.
Yeah, Amazon. Has a release date of March 7. Guess I better hurry and decide if I want it or not!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Well, I never canceled my AoA order, so that's coming. Cool, I guess, but definitely on the bottom of my ever-expanding to-read pile.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Oddly enough, it *doesn't* include X-Universe and X-Men Chronicles, the latter of which I've never read.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I think both of those parts were omitted because they are currently rewriting a little of the AOA history and those issues would contradict the new stories.
While that is probably the reason, it's a loving stupid one.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i wish it was true, because the Thor omni is still bigger.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

^burtle posted:

And is impossible to read comfortably.
I read it on my bed. No problems at all.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's never going to come out, is it? It's just a neverending starred email in my inbox.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Amazon has changed the delivery date on me eight times already.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

^burtle posted:

Just like that girl at work I keep trying to ask out.
Look, I can believe you asking a girl out, but don't insult her by pretending you knocked her up.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jeremys Iron posted:

I'm kind of half-considering putting an order in for the Untold Tales of Spider-Man omnibus but know little about it beyond what Wikipedia told me. I know Kurt Busiek seems to be well-regarded but thought I'd see if anyone in this thread wanted to tell me if ordering it was a brilliant/terrible/'meh' idea before doing so.
The competition is a low hurdle, but it was easily the best Spider-Man book being published at the time.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

May snag the Carnage book (goddammit!), but that's all that interests me from that list.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

bairfanx posted:

One of two things: maybe people are thinking it's the old one or something and are complaining about it not being what they thought. Or two, and more likely: Amazon doesn't wrap it in anything and it's a paperback, so it's really easy for it to get hosed up in transit.
Mine was shipped in a box with the book shrink-wrapped to a larger piece of cardboard. Made it here fine.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Today I went to Ikea and bought an Expedit. I made the choice to get a 4x4. I still have a bunch more stuff to put in it and it's already half full. :( Should have gone for the 5x5

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

paulnewmanseyes posted:

Apropos of nothing, omnibu the lack of which I cannot fathom why:

Hulk by Greg Pak
Herc by Greg Pak
Runaways (I know there was a rumour about this one)
Brand New Day (and this one)
Captain Britain and MI:13
Agents of Atlas
Punisher Max
Punishermax
Would not
Would
Would
Would not
Would
Would
Would not
Would not

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

^burtle posted:

Someone at Amazon is either loving up or they are going to war with shops.

Spaceman Hardcover: http://www.amazon.com/Spaceman-Deluxe-Edition-Brian-Azzarello/dp/1401235522/ref=pd_luc_sim_01_03_t_lh

For $13.50

American Vampire Vol. 4: http://www.amazon.com/American-Vampire-Vol-Scott-Snyder/dp/1401237185/ref=pd_bxgy_b_text_c

Also $13.50

Hellboy Library Edition 5: http://www.amazon.com/Hellboy-Library-Edition-Volume-5/dp/1595828869/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332883883&sr=8-1

$26

Stuff is like 48% off all over the place.
Awesome. Parker: The Score is also 48% off. One-click.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Hm, not sure how I feel about that since books drawn for black and white tend to look better that way. (I'll probably grab them, anyway since they're bigger and hardcover.)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Neither my Thor nor my X-Statix books have any binding issues.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

A quick measure tells me they are 12.5" x 12.5" x 13" deep.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Mine is a 4x4. Also, the tape measure I used is for body measurements, so I wouldn't be shocked if it's not quite right while flat (the part that holds the tape is, itself, counted in the measurement, and it's curved).

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Neo_Reloaded posted:

Can someone remind me what IKEA bookshelf it is that everyone likes for their OSHC collections? I remember seeing talk about one that wouldn't buckle even under the weight of a shelf full of omnibuses.
Expedit or something like that. I've got a 4x4 and it's way sturdier than expected. They're rated to, I think 50 lbs. per shelf, which is pretty much a full shelf of Absolutes with capacity to spare.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Hakkesshu posted:

What other Omnibuses (Omnibi?) are recommended reading? I currently own Ultimate Spider-Man, Claremont X-Men vol. 1&2, Whedon's Astonishing X-Men, Age of Apocalypse and Fatal Attractions. I'm not really a fan of most of the Silver Age stuff.

I'd get Secret Warriors, but it isn't in stock on Amazon UK/Book Depository yet.
You should probably put this in the recommendation thread.

And Morrison's New X-Men.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

obi_ant posted:

If I already have the three Ultimate Collection books for New X-Men, would it be worth it to pick up the re-print of the omnibus?
Do you want a giant hardcover? Because there's no new content.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

bairfanx posted:

That looks like they scale the "Judge Dredd" so the font is proportional to the thickness of the book. Kinda messy, but probably not random.

I really wish someone would put people with an eye for design aesthetics on the creation of spines for TPB's. :(
I think it's a decent design, actually. The problem is that it's only a good design across multiple books if each book is the same thickness, and that's not the case here.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Wait I can get $200 for my Alias omni?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

What happened in X-Men Annual #15 that it would be included in an X-Force omni?

EDIT: Oh wait, it means the series started in 1970, not that the annual came out in 1970. Whoops. It's part of a crossover.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Look, they already released a The Crossing Omnibus. They've already found the bottom.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

redbackground posted:

Chris Sims spotted.

Or Jeff Gerstman.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Brocktoon posted:

X-Statix is awesome. One of my favorite Marvel series. Does the Omnibus include the X-Force issues?

Yep. X-Force, X-Statix, Wolverine & Doop, Dead Girl, and a couple other random issues featuring the characters.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Or what forum, really.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yay I found a copy of Starman Omnibus 3 hardcover at a shop in Annapolis, so I bought that and ordered the last three books since I guess they're going out of print.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Random Stranger posted:

That one won't surprise me if they do another printing. It may be just that the stocks of existing copies have run dry while they wait for a hole in the schedule.

They're reprinting as softcovers. I doubt they'll do more hardcovers.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I need more storage. I have some other stuff around my room as well as a box or two full of trades.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

If you do read GFT and decide you enjoy it, I might recommend a little book called Tarot to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

obi_ant posted:

I'm taking it you're the only one in this thread that has enjoyed the GFT?
Either that or I was making a joke. Since no one in their right mind would recommend Tarot.