Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

Found a JLA Deluxe Vol 2 at MSRP this weekend when I went back to NYC, I am jazzed like a mofo. That makes 3 out of the 4.

Now, the ridiculous hunt for JLA Deluxe Vol. 1, when I've just moved outside Philly and only know of one comic shop.

I picked up volumes 1 & 2 for 60% below MSRP, now it's just a matter of saving up the money to get 3 & 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

Where'd you find Vol 1 for that cheap? Any ebay auctions I see are from England, and once I convert the pounds and account for shipping, I might as well buy Rhyno's copy from his Amazon marketplace.

Which I am considering, Rhyno!

My local store was going out of business, and they just happened to have it on the shelf. I'm 99% sure they were previously on hold for an employee who left the company right before the closing sales, because I definitely would have bought them for regular price had I seen them there before.

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

AntiqueCowboy posted:

I got mine from Amazon and it is magnificent. There's a pretty lengthy introduction that talks about Barks' difficult life and story notes in the back. It's going to be total sex with the entire collection on a shelf. My only complaint is that there isn't a volume number on the spine.

Aren't they releasing them "out of order" though (i.e the more popular stories first rather than chronologically)? That would excuse the lack of volume numbering for me.

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

bairfanx posted:

I can't wait to get my hands on the new Scott Pilgrim tomorrow. Nathan Fairbairn is such a beast of a colorist.

Does anyone have the special edition from SDCC? What do you think of it?

I'm downloading it now. I was planning to buy the print version (and I still might), but Comixology just sent out codes where you can upgrade to the color version (if you already had the B&W one, obviously) for $1.99, so I jumped right on that.

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

bairfanx posted:

How big are the Nausicaa books? I've been debating pulling the trigger, but this month is a goddamn killer for me on trades.

They're pretty big.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

redbackground posted:

Chris Sims spotted.

No, just trying to do my part to get 50 Cent: Blood On The Sand instituted as a universal method of measurement. :patriot:

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

My bookcase:

And the "drat I Really Need Another Bookcase" nightstand overflow:

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

Glenn Danzig posted:

The Gemstone "Life and Times.." single volume has over 30 more pages than the combined page count of the two BOOM HCs. I only own the Gemstone editions, I wonder what's different.

There's a third Boom "companion volume", that could be the missing stuff.

Also I forgot a shelf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xK1
Dec 1, 2003

friendo55 posted:

I've never read SiP but hear it's comparable to Love & Rockets - both stories I've consistently heard great things about. Any one have preference over the other?

I think SiP is more traditional and easier to get into. I like them both but Love and Rockets took a few tries before it hooked me.