Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
DC has announced their schedule for the New 52 hardcovers/trades and for some titles, we're going to be waiting up to a year from now. I guess Flashpoint didn't retcon Bob Wayne's inability to figure out marketing collected editions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe

Beanpants posted:

How is this different from this:

http://www.amazon.com/Batman-Incorporated-Vol-Grant-Morrison/dp/1401232124/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1321310070&sr=8-1

Is the Amazon linked one cancelled?
The solicits for the one in 2012 says it contains #1-8 and Leviathan Strikes #1. I'm guessing the one you linked to wont have the LS special, considering it ships as a floppy the same month.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
DC Source has modified their list of the New 52 trades/hardcovers. It looks like all the books that are getting canned will end up collecting all 8 issues instead of the first 6, as well as a few titles getting their issue count bumped up to 7.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe

Rhyno posted:

I'm really shocked they're collecting the canceled books. I'll be even more shocked at the retailers that actually order them.
In the long run most of them will probably sell much better as collected editions than the solo issues ever did. Maybe not as much in comic shops, but bookstores (and Amazon) will probably do ok with them. And if DC is really gung-ho about the new 52 being a fresh start it's a good idea for them to be consistant in making everything available for future readers, in case the material in the cancelled books make future appearances.

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
It's probably because I have no previous exposure to Flex Mentallo's coloring, but I'm really loving this and not finding any of the colors to be any kind of detraction to the story. I knew I was in for a treat when I was only 4 paragraphs into the fictitious creative history at the front of the book and could not stop laughing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space_Butler
Dec 5, 2003
Fun Shoe
God dammit, did Talon REALLY need to be a hardcover book?