Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann

Karnegal posted:

Is Sandman on the list of Absolutes that DC keeps in print (like Watchmen)? The third volume seems to be OOP at the moment, but I didn't know if it was temporary, or if I am just hosed and need to pay like $200 if I want it. I kind of put off picking Sandman up since it seemed to be always available.

It will likely get reprinted. Vol. 2 was the last one to have the OMG RARE L@@K OOP status. Since no one here works for DC though there is no way you will get a definitive answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann
God I loving love DC :D

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann

thecallahan posted:

Has there been any word if Scalped will be collected in hardcovers at all or should I just settle for the TPB's?

No word

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann
Looking at the book there are two pages where this happens. Page 127 where we miss one word 'Tracy' and page 131 where nothing is missing, just one line of one word balloon with a few words cut in half but you can still read it.

Unless I missed more, this is a mountain out of a molehill.

Carry on...

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann

Glenn Danzig posted:

I am not sure where anyone is making a "mountain" about it. There are words dropped out on at least 4 pages though, 127, 128, 131 and 233. Really sucks for a $50 book to have multiple words missing.

It's a $34 book. If you paid $50 you got ripped

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann
Now the question is, will Marvel care enough to fix it? Volume. 1 had at least 4 printings and I would expect the same here.

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann
It's already been returned. I don't care anymore.

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann

Shameless posted:

So it's gone from "mountain out of a molehill" to you returning the book in just 9 posts. Good work.

Thanks bro. Fist bump. Turns out the floppies have extra content. Binding my own. Post 10

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann

Aerofallosov posted:

Well, that's a pain. I don't know if it's just my bad luck or what, but I liked hard covers since they're nice and sturdy bindingwise.

Not necessarily. If they are glued they will fall apart eventually hardcover or not. Take a look st early Marvel Omnibus hardcovers. They are piles of poo poo. Binding is the key, not if it is hardcover or softcover

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann

PelvicNerve posted:

I'd agree if they hadn't hosed up Time and the Batman.

We all hosed up by buying it and will compulsively re-buy it when they issue a Deluxe...

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann

bairfanx posted:

There is only one Paul Levitz.

Reply of the year

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I know, I know, and I understand his rationale, but it's still annoying.

Bind the singles into a sexy hardcover. Boom problem solved.

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann
That Suicide Squad is hot looking. Can you make me a copy :) It is on my to-do list along with JLI.

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann

Shawn posted:

I know it's been weeks but I meant to ask before did they reprint the Rocketeer Artist Edition or did you just get really lucky?

Reprint

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann

Karnegal posted:

Better than the IST $68.75?

$56.29

http://talesofwonder.com/product-exec/product_id/66474/sc/147/pn/X-Statix+Omnibus+HC+-+55%25+OFF%21

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann
Does DMZ get better? I picked up the first few trades and got pretty bored. This might be one I just hit up the library and use my money for IDW Artist Editions.

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann

Nodoze posted:

Is there anything good that's in danger of going out of print soon

Yes

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann
You hit on it. Really depends on the warehouse.

Amazon.ca has been fantastic to me over the last 7 years. Out of the 200+ orders, I've only had to return one. They just opened a new warehouse on the West coast though so hopefully they continue the high standards.

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann

Tato posted:

Received EC Archives: Tales from the Crypt Volume 04 today. The spine is different but the size is pretty much the same (slightly smaller, like the Haunt of Fear Archives), I could care less. This set started in 2006 and after all the rights issues and the death of Gemstone, I consider each subsequent volume that get released to be a blessing. Vault of Horror V3 is coming out in January and Weird Fantasy V1 is slated for release in April 2014. I really hope they finish up the Shock Suspenstories volumes next, but it looks like they may stick with the more popular horror and sci-fi/fantasy stuff first.

Everything is popular with EC! I prefer the EC Library b&w volumes Russ put out 20 years or so ago because you can focus on the art which is what makes EC special in my mind but I'm double-dipping and getting these as well.

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann
Probably will be Marvel Epic'd. Think Marvel Essentials but in colour and hella cheap.

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann

^burtle posted:

If your omnibus dressings not lining up is the worst poo poo going on in your life right now, I salute you.

Rolling my eyes at the apologist #firstworldproblems post there. It has nothing to do with his life and/or issues and totally to do with publishers paying attention to detail. This is problem the most annoying area since 99% of the time it is on the shelf and something as simple as keeping a logo consistent seems to be a major chore for Marvel/DC. I will give kudos to DC though for keeping their Archive spines consistent even with the multiple logo changes. It is a thing of beauty to see the full run of my shelf all matching.

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann

Tato posted:

Dark Horse is wasting no time with the EC Archives license. Vault of Horror Vol. 3 is coming out next month, now listings for Weird Fantasy Vol. 1 (May 13) and Two-Fisted Tales Vol. 3 (Aug 12) are up on Amazon as well. Fantagraphics is also putting out a nice slipcase collection of their first four black and white EC books in April if that's your thing.

Loving this! Despite having the EC Annuals and EC Library, I'm buying it again. Help!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wildlele
Jun 19, 2004

Battmann

Metal Loaf posted:

I still wonder what impact the Epic Collections is going to have on what gets collected as omniboo. From what I gather, Epics are selling pretty well, and I reckon they're a heck of a lot cheaper for everyone concerned. I wonder if Marvel's going to start emphasising event-based (i.e. Infinity Gauntlet, Annihilation) and more contemporary (Hickman FF, Remender X-Force) omnibus collections.

Like, I'm not sure they'll ever do "Fantastic Four by Lee and Kirby" Vol. 3 when they can run off three or four Epics to make up the difference for a lot less cost.

If Marvel believes there is an opportunity to reprint the same material in multiple formats and make money, they will do so....

I fully expect to see a FF vol. 3 Omnibus in the future. Personally I collect the HC MMW and have every one but may dip into Epics like Wolverine that the MMW will not likely touch for quite some time.