Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

Rhyno posted:

Certain volumes are frequently reprinted without warning. Others never get reprinted.

This is exactly what I suspected, loving DC collected editions department

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

I own a couple of those booky books myself (Please Kill Me and Life of Pi)

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

Random Stranger posted:

Actually, the first printing has a "Barnes & Noble" at the bottom since it was compiled into that format for the bookstore.

That was my first omnibus ever. It's not even called an omnibus either, it's called the "Ultimate Spider-Man Collection"

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

lol

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

Does Big Lots have cheap collected editions a la Ollie's? I think I heard that somewhere but maybe I dreamt it..?

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

JordanKai posted:

The Superman by Grant Morrison omnibus has a table of contents with page numbers, but the pages themselves are not numbered. Never change, DC. :smithfrog:

My DC Universe by Alan Moore hardcover has the same thing going on. Also, there's no Killing Joke despite KJ art being prominently featured on the cover.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

I'm slowly accumulating X-Men and X-Men related comics in omnibuses and OSHCs and was wondering where Asgardian Wars fits in. Is it in a gap in the omnibuses that'll probably get filled in and collected at some point? Or should it have been included in an already published omni but wasn't?

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

It would be in Uncanny X-Men Omnibus 5, which hasn’t been announced yet but probably will be. It’s also in the most recent X-Men Marvel Masterworks, which is one volume away from catching up to the Mutant Massacre omnibus, so those two Marvel Masterworks plus maybe some content from Mutant Massacre will probably be vol 5 of the X-Men omnibus. (I too have just gotten into the X-Men omnibuses)

Thanks!

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

As I understand it, DC is poo poo when it comes to reprinting omnis, right? So my chances of finding a Neal Adams Batman omni for less than $175 are pretty much nonexistent?

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

Rhyno posted:

I was on an IKEA quest and stopped at an Ollie's I'd never been to and found a copy of Manhunter Trial By Fire which completes my run of those books. Quite pleased that I stopped.

My local Ollie's seems to get shipments in once every 6 months or so. :(

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

I'm hearing that the X-Men Inferno Prologue omnibus just got pushed by three months which is devastating news to my bank account as there are already three other X-Men adjacent omnibuses I'd planned on getting in December :negative:

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

IST has the Death of Captain America omnibus by Brubaker on sale for $36 this week

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

Marvel just solicited two more Conan omnibuses. I'm out here waiting for Uncanny X-Men vol 5 and Marvel's publishing Conan omnis like they're monthly floppies. :negative:

Is there really that much demand for Conan omnis?

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

That's a lot of omnis to not read.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

My local Ollie's hasn't gotten a new shipment of books in in almost a year. Anyone else having similar issues at their local Ollie's?

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

I stopped at an Ollie's on my Christmas trip and picked up a copy of Mark Waid's Daredevil OSHC. Is this all there is to his run? It collects 1-10 and 10.1 and an issue of Amazing Spider-Man. I ask because there's no "volume 1" on it anywhere.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

Thanks, y'all

edit; I'm a dope, there's a "VOL 1" on the spine, ugh

Happy Hippo fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Dec 30, 2021

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

I ordered mine from IST on Tuesday afternoon and it looks like it'll be here sometime today.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

Oh my god just solicit Uncanny X-Men volume 5 already

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

I'm pretty sure there's enough material for 2 reasonably sized omnis in that gap, or one thicc boi. My hunch is that they'll split it into 2 books because there's more money to be made that way.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

Glad you got your book!

What's next chronologically? Fall of the Mutants omni?

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

I suspect that there's a ticking clock factor that would explain the pace that Marvel is publishing these. I mean, Conan the Barbarian will be complete with the publication of volume 10, all that's left are King Conan and Savage Sword (which may take a while still since they're only about halfway through that run and those issues are thicker than a typical 22 page comic).

Meanwhile, I think Amazing Spider-Man is in 2nd place with 5 volumes published thus far.

Come on, Marvel, let me get that sweet, sweet Uncanny volume 5.

edit; oops, I guess Savage Sword of Conan is in 2nd place with 6 or 7 or whatever that's on now. It's a good time to be a Marvel era Conan fan, I guess

Happy Hippo fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jan 26, 2022

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

JordanKai posted:

I had no idea those Conan omnibuses were already up to volume 9. Good gravy. :prepop:

They announced both volumes 9 and 10 today.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

GrandpaPants posted:

Can anyone recommend a vendor that isn't IST or Amazon? IST doesn't have the items that I want, which is sorta weird (Once and Future HC, for reference).

Tales of Wonder

Cheap Graphic Novels

Organic Priced Books

I've only ever used IST and Amazon so someone else can fill you in on the customer satisfaction factor.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

Is the Excalibur omnibus volume 2 delayed?

Also, what is a good resource for quickly finding out when an omni or OSHC gets released?

edit; Amazon says its available to order but I can't find it anywhere in IST's hammerheaded bitch-made search function

Happy Hippo fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Feb 9, 2022

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

I appreciate the responses though I'm still confused. OPB has Excalibur vol 2 as being available on 11/2/21 but it got pushed. I assume that its true release date was this past Tuesday but its one of those books that hasn't reached IST yet due to the delay discussed in that email from IST..?

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

Casyl posted:

Yep. Exactly what happened.

:thanks:

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

Just to follow up, IST now has Excalibur omnibus volume 2 in stock along with the rest of last week's Marvel books.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

JordanKai posted:

Oof, it looks like I missed out on the Wolverine & The X-Men omnibus. Too many good OHCs coming out at the same time and I had to bet on which ones would remain in stock for a long time, and I bet wrong. People with small wallets are once again being discriminated against. :arghfist::(

:same:

I'm working on getting all of the mutant related omnis so that I can read them all in order from X-Men vol 1 and I've had to just concentrate on the earlier books. Later stuff can wait, I guess

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

JordanKai posted:

I didn't catch this news until now, but Marvel announced the release of an omnibus of the 1990's X-Men Animated Series comic adaptation.

All I can say is this:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: that's funny

I sort of take it personally every time Marvel announces another omni and it's not UXM5. They just keep not soliciting it at me

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

Yeah, i'll be skipping this one. Totally satisfied with my HoM OSHC

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

Is there any particular reason why I can't find the Brubaker Captain America Lives omni on IST? There's no email explanation

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

Casyl posted:

PRH claims release date is next week, 3/15.

Much obliged :clint:

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

They just announced a Maestro by Peter David omni too so the odds of Marvel loving up the trade dress has increased exponentially

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

Is there a resource for finding out what X-Men related omnis and OSHCs are solicited?

edit; VVV thanks VVV

Happy Hippo fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Jul 24, 2022

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

That mapping is loving trash

and what's worse is knowing that Marvel has already mapped out volumes 6 and 7 so there's almost certainly no way of convincing them to reconsider this poo poo

edit; i think this conversation actually belongs in the industry terribleness thread, gently caress you marvel ugghhhh

Happy Hippo fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Aug 29, 2022

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

CharlestheHammer posted:

Well good news Marvel caved and now new mutants and the X-men annuals are apart of five

This is great news. It still sucks that we aren't getting those X-Factor issues in vol 5 but I'll take what I can get

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

I've bought lots of stuff from them, and plan to in the near future

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

What's the rights situation with GI Joe? What are the odds that we get the Marvel poo poo collected in omnibuses?