Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AntiqueCowboy
Jul 31, 2005
Okay punk, listen up. I don't like your face. That's not a good thing.

wildlele posted:

Anyone pick up the Carl Barks book from Fantagraphics yet? I wish I didn't order from Amazon, the wait is killing me!

I got mine from Amazon and it is magnificent. There's a pretty lengthy introduction that talks about Barks' difficult life and story notes in the back. It's going to be total sex with the entire collection on a shelf. My only complaint is that there isn't a volume number on the spine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AntiqueCowboy
Jul 31, 2005

JackDarko posted:

Could I get a link to this book, or a name?

Walt Disney's Donald Duck: "Lost in the Andes" is the title. And yeah I recall in the initial interview they stated they wanted to start strong so the first story is one of Barks' most popular. Of course the chronology really isn't too important anyway since they're pretty much all standalones. Anyone interested in the ducks should also check out The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck (and any of Don Rosa's stories too). The guy's a diehard Barks fan.

AntiqueCowboy
Jul 31, 2005
Has anyone picked up a copy of Parker: The Martini Edition? It's huge. Bigger than the Absolutes. It's actually kind of annoying because it doesn't fit on my regular book shelf. But Cooke's art is sooooo totally sweet.There's a lengthy interview with Tom Spurgeon, Ed Brubaker, Cooke and others with a lot of art and in the back of the book is a fantastic gallery featuring pin-ups to films that featured Parker (though the characters weren't named Parker).