Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShortStack
Jan 16, 2006

tinystax
Is Thwipster good about things like your orders not being damaged or returns if something is? I'd really like to get my hands on the two BPRD hardcovers but I'm kinda iffy on dropping 40bux without any sort of feedback regarding the site.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortStack
Jan 16, 2006

tinystax
I wish the reprint of Kirby's Fourth World was still a hardcover. I also wish it didn't take me a loving half hour to put an order through Thwipster.

ShortStack
Jan 16, 2006

tinystax

TheManWithNoName posted:

Yay! My girlfriend has no interest in comics but she flips through the Hellboy library editions because they are so big and fuzzy and pretty.

I'd like to follow Hellboy and BPRD monthly but the collected editions are nice enough to wait for.

Do what I do and just buy both.

Mike Mignola, take all of my money.

ShortStack
Jan 16, 2006

tinystax
Got my Kamandibus the other day. Can't wait to read it. Got Challengers along with it :) I am kinda bummed that I didn't jump onto the Kirby Omni bandwagon soon enough to get the Fourth World hardcovers.

ShortStack
Jan 16, 2006

tinystax
Is DC replacing the Archives or is it just something that's easy to put on sale?

ShortStack
Jan 16, 2006

tinystax
IST will also pack your order like you ordered some expensive fragile poo poo and it will always arrive safely where as I've had Amazon put my omnis in a big 'ol box with no packaging like so: http://imgur.com/a/v4ZIK#NkrZ0.

And the Valerian books I ordered were all bent and janky so I had to return them and c'mon son get your act together Amazon <:mad:>

ShortStack
Jan 16, 2006

tinystax

Shameless posted:

Not sure if anyone was waiting on this but reports are that the Starman Omnibus vol. 3 paperback has been cancelled and won't be resolicited.

Of course, everyone here was a good little boy or girl and had the hardcover already.

God dammit. I was a bad boy and I don't have vol 3.

ShortStack
Jan 16, 2006

tinystax
I had heard that the colors or something was off about the Kingdom Come absolute. Do they look okay to you? Kingdom Come is one of my favorites and I'd love to have the absolute but if the art is off, ya know what's the point?

ShortStack
Jan 16, 2006

tinystax
Dust covers are awful and I hate them.

ShortStack
Jan 16, 2006

tinystax
Yeah IST like vacuum wraps their stuff to stiff cardboard and then packs it into styrofoam. Amazon is loving terrible about packing books. I've had to return virtually everything I've ordered from them in the last year. They shipped me 3 omniboo in a goddamn empty box once.

e: I still have the pictures here: http://imgur.com/a/v4ZIK#NkrZ0, not pictured an Avengers omni that managed to survive the trip.

ShortStack fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Jun 9, 2013

ShortStack
Jan 16, 2006

tinystax
I'm pretty sure those pictures are from before I had Prime but even after I got Prime I've had stuff get shipped all bent and crummy. I've had to swap every copy of Valerian & Laureline I ordered but those are pretty flimsy.

ShortStack
Jan 16, 2006

tinystax
Since I just got an IST order and it's still relevant here we go:

This is how it was shipped to me:

As far as timing goes, I placed my order late afternoon on May 31st. It shipped out on June 5th and I got it today.

I love IST and I'm gonna be super sad if they end up closing shop.

ShortStack
Jan 16, 2006

tinystax
The second volume is fairly self contained and in my opinion is a little more entertaining than the first. It references events in the first volume briefly but it's not anything that contributes much to pushing the story along. I just took both of them off my shelf and flipped through them and I remember enjoying the second volume much more than the first. I would say just get the second and enjoy it :)

ShortStack
Jan 16, 2006

tinystax
Media Duckling was awesome Howard the Duck is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortStack
Jan 16, 2006

tinystax
So you're saying I should read Casanova?