Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I hope that whoever hosed up the purple and yellow was at least criticized at the office party. Getting so close is almost worse than not having a pattern at all. I guess maybe they decided late in the game to have the colors mirror each other?

Psst, look at the color of the title on volume 9. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

ruddiger posted:

A full page, or one of the thumbnails in the back? I noticed in my copy they misprinted one of Eastman’s thumbnails and one of Bisley’s finished pages got pasted twice, but it looks like it’s in the page template so every copy will have it.

Other than that the book is amazing. And my copy has a signature and a little Casey drawing. :dance:

I didn't notice/look at the thumbnails. One of the finished pages was printed twice, I think replacing the page that is supposed to be there. Been a while since I read it, I think it was the beginning of the car chase? I'll look when I get home.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Shudder.

https://twitter.com/mollyjane_k/status/1435440515739176961?s=20

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I ordered from IST for the first time in years and it took forever to ship and I would have missed the bday the books they were a gift for if I didn't miss the bday all together because of covid.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Random Stranger posted:

I stopped using Instock Trades when they took over six weeks to ship a book. That was over ten years ago, though.

I stopped using them for the first time when they took money for a book that wasn't in stock (heh) and included a note in my order that they'd mail it to me if they got a copy.

Trying to get away from Amazon made me try them again.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Sure, but maybe also the Q&A thread.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3611360&pagenumber=472&perpage=40

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

What if it's personalized? I've bought a bunch of indie stuff that's not gonna be worth anything and get it signed by the author as "thank, [name]", then I read it and it's like, I could get rid of this without regret.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

That's just regular damage from an Amazon shipment!

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

It's basically HoX/PoX, read whatever you want, X of Swords, read whatever you want, Hellfire Gala, read whatever you want. Not sure how Inferno will tie in.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

Even X of Swords is pretty much a side story. You *definitely* do not have to read the whole thing, and basically if you just pick up the X of Swords special issues, plus whatever you want in the middle, you'll get the important beats of the story. It's like six issues of story in a 22 issue crossover. (I think this is *intentional* but just beware.)

Yeah, I did that and now wanna go back and read the rest cause there seemed to be interesting beats that I missed. I should make a list and see if any of the local shops have those issues.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

DKSA is great! (mostly)

Those photos are making me want to finish setting up my library after my move. Though it's a rental and I can't get as fancy as I'd like.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I only read that series when it was coming out, but I get a very similar vibe from Strange Academy these days.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

You will wanna read this thread:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3611527&pagenumber=153&perpage=40

Warning, Amazon, who owned the main digital comics store Comixology, recently reuploaded everything as an Amazon store that, frankly, sucks in many ways. The most recent comments are people being super annoyed.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

JordanKai posted:

OHCs have fallen out of favour with a lot of collectors

Prices shot up right around when digital comics became easy to get. I hardly buy any physical collections (still get floppies) anymore, I'll get a hardcover when I can, but spending $100 on a special oversize one is a huge ask.

Also running out of storage space doesn't help!

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I really hate the recoloring of Flex Mentallo. It's just so different from the originals, not just trying to make it nicer.

When digital colors was first getting mainstream, a lot of the recoloring would do too much with gradients and such. It's gotten more subtle and better over time.

I think what they did for the first 20 or so issues of Sandman were good, just trying to make it nicer, not different.

The Casanova collections did recoloring well. The originals were monochromatic. The collections added new colors, but didn't go over the top, leaving a feel of the monochromatic design.

I've never read the colored Bone. :colbert:

Uthor fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Oct 30, 2022

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

LennyBriscoCountyJr posted:

Their shipping time may have improved (4 of my orders I've made since the week after last Thanksgiving were in hand 7-8 days after ordering) but their inventory tracking on the site sucks.

My 5th order resulted in an email saying one of my books was out of stock and asking if I wanted to sub another title or get a refund. I went with a sub and then got another email saying my sub pick was out of stock. 2nd time, I opted for the refund. And both titles are still showing up as being able to be added to the cart.

I haven't used them in years and years, but it seems like they have gotten better!

I have gotten packages with a letter saying one of the books wasn't in stock and they would send it to me when they got it.

They charged me for that book and I had to email their customer service to get it canceled and refunded. Yes, they charged me for a book they didn't have multiple times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Been forever since I used them. They annoyed me a handful of times by charging me for my entire order and I would get a package missing a book and including a note saying they would mail me the missing one when they got it, ironically, back in stock. I waited a bit every time, then just got them to refund me. I don't know if they updated that policy.