Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Kurtz
Feb 22, 2007

Here comes the hurdy gurdy man.
Walking Dead is a pretty bad offender for irritating firearm moments. One of the rifle props at the Governor's place is clearly bent and would probably explode if you tried to shoot it and their .50 cal looks like it's made of cardboard.

During the first episode, police officers take the safeties off their Glocks.

A good one last night was during the last episode of Season 3 where Andrea had gotten bit and was in the room with Michonne; Rick lends Andrea his .357 which Andrea shoots herself with. After that you hear a shell casing hit the floor..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Kurtz
Feb 22, 2007

Pneub posted:

Well did they at least remember to cock the hammers back when they drew their pistols?

Of course! Who wants to put up with pesky double action on the first shot?

Mr. Kurtz
Feb 22, 2007

I watched Babylon A.D. last night and one thing that always irritates me in movies/television is where there's a character about to get shot and then another character shoots the person about to do the shooting. You hear a gunshot and then SURPRISE! the person you didn't expect to get shot gets shot. I really don't understand why this is still a thing and why it continues to be used so frequently. Come to think of it, they also did it in Romeo Must Die which I saw for the first time this weekend.

Another irritating thing about Babylon A.D. is that it didn't have a sequel. They could have done some really neat things with that story.

Mr. Kurtz
Feb 22, 2007

I've been catching up with Game of Thrones, which is pretty good except that the swordplay is really terrible. Every fight looks painfully telegraphed, especially the one between Jaime Lannister and Ned Stark in Season 1. It's probably irrational to expect actors to train at sword fighting for very long, but jese I expected Sean Bean to be at least somewhat good given his experience in LOTR.

It was especially jarring to go from the crappy swordfighting in GoT to the elegantly choreographed 13 Assassins the other night.P

• Locked thread