Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

redbackground posted:

That's the first time it's all been collected in one book.
Second after the Absolute volume. :smug:

It's worth nothing that "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?" is also available in the Alan Moore DC Universe trade along with "For the Man Who Has Everything" although it appears to be out of print.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Agent_grey posted:

was this in the Lex Action comics or something else?
Action Comics #1.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Happy Hippo posted:

I think what people are calling armor is actually just unnecessary seams.
No, DC said it's Kryptonian battle armor.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Goon posted:

Yeah, other sites are reporting that Perez is off of Superman. I kinda wish they'd gotten another team apart from Giffen and Jurgens.
Do they source it or are they just re-reporting Newsarama?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Maybe Kryptonian battle armor is really flexible?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Wait, so Superman does the Black Adam hovering-around-because-he's-better-than-you thing now? I haven't been following Superman or Justice League.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Space_Butler posted:

Some rumor mongering from you-know-who, but he's claiming that Andy Diggle might be taking over Action Comics from Morrison. I'm not at all familiar with his work, is this potentially a good thing or should I be prepping to drop AC from my pull list after January?
Well, prior to his run on Daredevil, I would have said he's a good writer, but after that, I'm not so sure.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Space_Butler posted:

Wait, Tony Daniel is gonna be writing too? loving Christ, no. No, no no. Dropped. I was gonna give Diggle a shot but I KNOW Daniel is a poo poo writer. I'll pick it back up if/when they change creatives again.

Yeah, I was going to at least give Diggle an issue or two, but if that's all he's doing, it hardly seems worth it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I hate you so much. Now there's no way that poo poo doesn't happen.
I dunno, his last comic bet didn't turn out so well.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

horsepeen posted:

Cavill's suit has grown on my alot. Especially the S logo with the thick spine and flourishy serif.

The New 52 suit's collar annoys me too. I liked the Earth 2 variation though.
You have an alot? I thought they were fictional! Even more amazing that Superman's costume has grown on it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Wait, Off the Chain is $5!? Ugh, I think I'm waiting for the price drop if people suggest it being okay.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Here is a cool animated short film Zack Snyder and Bruce Timm did for Superman's 75th anniversary.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/10/14/superman-75-years-of-heroic-history-in-a-2-minute-animated-short-exclusive/

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

They're not actually fingerless gloves since they don't connect or actually go around his fingers. They're knuckle armor.

I don't know if that's better or worse, really.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ohhh finally time to read Birthright.

Man of Steel is probably worth getting? May as well get Secret Origin while you're at it! (Don't get Secret Origin.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yes, he was on a panel. It's a bit awkwardly phrased, but not really incorrect.

Granted, someone who writes for a living (I hesitate to call RJ a writer and definitely not a journalist) should probably be able to avoid awkward phrasing.

• Locked thread