Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Dario the Wop posted:

Anyone looking forward to American Alien? I know Landis is a dick, but A) a lot of fine writers and artists are dicks, and B) some drat good artists are scheduled for the book. At the very least it will give us a break from the all-encompassing Truth arc.

My experience with Landis doesn't extend beyond his Death of Superman video, of which I only watched a small portion before being convinced that he doesn't get Superman. So not holding out the highest of hopes there, but my opinion isn't based on much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

No. Wrong.

Seriously, Clark having a juvie record is about as appropriate as Jonathan Kent saying "maybe."

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

Equeen posted:

I probably should been more clear, but by "bad thing", I just meant "dumb mistakes teenagers make". Surely the world can handle a story where a teenage Clark Kent did something stupid and faced the consequences.

If he got in a fight with some local assholes because they were doing something he found unacceptable, then sure, absolutely. Basically it's cool as long as he's not the rear end in a top hat. Brash and reckless youth makes sense, but he needs to have a good reason to start swinging.

17-year-old Clark was already at least mostly invulnerable though, in pretty much every version of the canon, so the black eye makes no sense.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

How is it not obvious that I was speaking hypothetically?

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

Teenage Fansub posted:

Not promising anything, but you might wanna pick up the next issue...

e: Not to tell you to get over it, but Cybey has only really had a major part in Supergirl.

Is this the one being written by Jurgens? Would someone who really misses pre-reboot Superman want to read this?

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

Noted.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

Red posted:

Interesting.

Again, I'm a casual Supes reader, but Mxy and Toyman seemed like lower-tier guys. And I wasn't sure if Mongul was a primary villain of Superman or the Lanterns.

Mongul's definitely one of Superman's guys, though he was pretty heavily involved in Johns' GL run, and duked it out with Hal in Engine City in the last couple issues of Reign of the Supermen in the 90s (the story that gave us Superman's black suit and long hair). Mxy's basically omnipotent, so I'd have a hard time characterising him as "lower-tier".

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

I mean, he was involved, but not all that heavily. He was inexplicably in the Sinestro Corps along with Cyborg Superman and uh, the Anti-Monitor, but he didn't do all that much.

The Anti-Monitor wearing a uniform is still so incredibly weird to me. The guy destroyed multiple universes.

Didn't he mutiny and take over the corps for a while before Sinestro came back and literally dropped the power battery on Mongul's head? I want to say that last bit happened in Blackest Night, mostly because it's the last Green Lantern story I read.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

Dude banged a mermaid. All downhill from there.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

Welp, Action is certainly the weaker of the two main titles thus far. I'm still gonna stick with both for a month or two, see what shakes out, but Clark and Lois as slightly dorky parents, with super-stuff at the periphery and li'l Superboy freaking out about his powers is much more engaging than the, admittedly funny for the wrong reasons, adventures of rear end in a top hat SUPERMAN, the man who invades personal space to take things that don't belong to him and then claims the other person started the fight when he's pushed away!

Like, I have to assume Jurgens is writing Superman as a dick on purpose, because otherwise that's so tone-deaf it's amazing.

Are we reading the same Action Comics? I mean, yeah, Superman's kind of being a dick to Luthor, but if there's one person that Superman can understandably be an rear end in a top hat to, it's Luthor. Other than that, he's just been fighting Doomsday for the last four issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

Well, I'm enjoying it. That may be, in part, because it's pandering directly to me in every conceivable way, but I'm on board either way.

• Locked thread