Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dirty Phil
Jul 3, 2012

me your dad posted:

Any tips on remembering recipes? Is it just a matter of repetition? I've recently been ramping up my cooking efforts, and I enjoy finding new things to cook on a daily basis.

Do you all typically make some of the same dishes each week? When I do repeat a recipe, it's usually been a while so I have to refer to the recipe.

Maybe there's nothing wrong with that in the first place? I just feel like I should know one or two by now.

I have taken to printing out recipes I like and compiling them in a 3-ring binder. Great for those internet recipes you want to save, but don't want to dig up a bookmark or history. I love my computers but I don't like having to use a laptop mid-cooking to check something. Photocopying things from magazines has also helped me a ton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirty Phil
Jul 3, 2012

Myopic posted:

What can I do with a shitload of blackberries? There are only so many you can eat with cream before you get bored. Me and baking don't mix, so a pie/tart is out unfortunately. I was thinking blackberry vodka but I'd just guzzle it early and disgustingly like the burgeoning alcoholic that I am. Seems like a waste.

Make crisps/crumble. I you said that baking and you don't mix, but it is very simple. Toss the berries with some sugar (don't need much) put in pan. Topping is just melted butter, flour, some oats, and whatever spices you like on berries. Cook for a while until browned.

Dirty Phil
Jul 3, 2012

Powdered Toast Man posted:

I HAVE QUAILS. They were on sale! Nearly 2 pounds worth for less than $8.

So, I think I'm gonna grill them. I've had mesquite-grilled quail at a nice Mexican place before, but I don't really know what seasonings go well with quail, as they're definitely kinda gamey compared to chicken. Any suggestions?

Best spatchcock those little birdies.