Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
So why were great threads like the cheese thread, the Indian thread, the industry thread (holy crap, some of us work in the FOOD industry) and the bread thread? I don't see how these needed to be in the culling. I'm not mod sassing, I just don't see why those in particular were cut when threads like the vegan thread are a-ok?

Edit: just noticed a ban for sassing about the changes. I'm not looking for trouble, I just wondered about those threads in particular. I thought they are great resources and that's one of the reasons I use GWS is for the resources we have. The wiki is made from threads like that. For example (not pimping it because it happened to be mine, I'm just really familiar with it) the cheese thread is where 100% of the cheese stuff on the wiki cake from. Again, Not trying to get probated or banned, if I can't ask about that here I'll delete this and shush.

Croatoan fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Sep 18, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Stop being so pissy about fancy boil-in-a-bag.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Robo Boogie Bot posted:

Refried black beans should freeze and reheat well, right? My mom just had surgery so I'm making some freezer meals for my parents.

Very well actually. Just try to minimize the air in the container if at all possible.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Powdered eggs + ketchup is the pro-method.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Mr. Wiggles posted:

I just ate a raw egg with lunch that still had poo on the shell. Hope this helps.

I know you're kinda-sorta-but-not-really kidding but he probably doesn't know that eggs you get at a grocery store in the US had the “bloom” film washed off and are more susceptible to getting bacteria. Until I had access to unlimited fresh eggs I had no idea that refrigeration was optional.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Eeyo posted:

Is there a specific reason for this? I typically do over easy eggs, so they get a bit of salt on each side. Sometime I sprinkle it on the uncooked side prior to flipping.

You begin to denature the proteins so if you have aspergers this means you ruined the eggs. (You actually are beginning to denature the proteins but they're fine)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

goodness posted:

Cooking the eggs denatures them anyway so whats the problem?