Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LizzieBorden
Dec 6, 2009

She's hackin' and wackin' and smackin'
She just hacks, wacks, chopping that meat

Does anyone else like the ghost stories of M R James? If so, you'll love A Podcast to the Curious

Also, Monster Talk, a science podcast about monsters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LizzieBorden
Dec 6, 2009

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Anyone know any podcasts like mysteries abound but not as conspiracy theorist? Like just weird things in history/prehistory? More towards very early history please.

Blurry Photos.

If anyone likes/doesnt like but remembers fondly, Star Trek TNG then you'll like The Greatest Generation

LizzieBorden
Dec 6, 2009

GobiasIndustries posted:

Starting a new job where I can listen to whatever, but I can't stream it, so I've gotta load up my phone with some podcasts. I like listening to NPR while I'm driving, enjoyed season 1 of Serial (haven't listened to season 2) and enjoy all major US sports so people talking about sports is cool too. I love comedy podcasts but mostly have stuck to earwolf stuff. I've downloaded Slate's Working and Criminal and enjoyed the first episodes of each. What else should I look into?

Do you like weird stuff? Try Blurry Photos.

LizzieBorden
Dec 6, 2009

Azathoth posted:

I just finished listening to the latest episode of The Unresolved and that's renewed my interest in finding a UFO-focused paranormal podcast. I went through the recommendations early in the thread (a couple years out of date at this point), and didn't care for what I found, so I'm hoping that there's something new that folks haven't posted.

Most of the podcasts I've found seem to be trying to follow the Coast to Coast AM format, where each episode features some combination of interviews with authors/personalities and a rundown of the last week/two weeks/month in paranormal news, all of which is presented with absolute credulity beyond maybe "we can't know for sure, but look at how many reports were getting, so maybe there's something there...". I get that there's a specific audience that they're playing to with that format, but it's just not for me. I'd like to think that there's a middle ground between wide-eyed true believer and insufferably smug skeptic, to say nothing of the lack of focus and really poor interviewing skills.

Does any such thing exist?

Have you tried Mysterious Universe? It's definitely not everyone's cup of tea, but you might like it.

LizzieBorden
Dec 6, 2009

Those Conspiracy Guys might be your cup of tea. Episodes are long though.