Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...

TACD posted:

I still remember experiencing my first pun run (she bored 'er colleagues). I couldn't decide if it was the greatest thing ever or if Andy needed to face trial at the Hague.

It was a cold and wet weaver.

Incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slartibartfast
Nov 13, 2002
:toot:

spamman posted:

It was a cold and wet weaver.

Incredible.

"Cold and wet weaver" is right up there with "fuckulogy" in terms of Bugle-inspired vocabulary that sends me into giggle fits.

Episode 69 -- where a British teenager paints a giant :dong: on his parents' roof -- is another one of those classics where Andy & John can barely contain themselves throughout the story.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Fans posted:

I'm changing my favourite moment to any time they point out that Belgium loving loves Waffles.

Hahaha yeah they have a great segment around 140 or 141 iirc about WAFFLES.

drat I'm going to need to re-listen from the start, it's been a few years since I had them all on a fat ipod that I lugged around.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
LIL BENNY WAFFLE

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I think the first bugle I listened to was one about a diamond heist in Belgium and I agree with John that diamond heists should be legal.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Also let us never forget when Silvio Belesconi got smashed in the face with a miniature cathedral.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

I personally adore FDR's bucket of lobsters.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I still laugh about the stupid buildings bit every time I think about it.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Popelmon posted:

I still laugh about the loving stupid buildings bit every time I think about it.

Fixed that for you.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

The Bugle needs to hurry up and get its first guest co-host episode out there so that it can cover this.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
I need to go re-listen to when they covered The News of the World story while being paid by the Murdoch Media arm, ending every segment with the tapping of a microphone and calls of "Is this on? I don't understand why this is still on"

Also "Hotties from History" was something. Not sure what. But something.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Fans posted:

I need to go re-listen to when they covered The News of the World story while being paid by the Murdoch Media arm, ending every segment with the tapping of a microphone and calls of "Is this on? I don't understand why this is still on"

Also "Hotties from History" was something. Not sure what. But something.

:awesome:

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
It was a funny comedic bit. Not difficult to decipher.

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy
Zaltzman has got a gig with the Guardian with a "Summer of Sport" podcast, talking about everything except soccer (Football Weekly's turf) It's not the bugle, but Zaltman is much better when he has someone else to talk to.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

He also debuted on TMS yesterday.

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

Zaltzman lied, The Bugle died

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

Daius posted:

Zaltzman lied, The Bugle died

Ahem: https://www.facebook.com/buglepodcast/photos/a.400830946645732.91063.253608581367970/1157620070966812/?type=3

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Bugle will return on October 21st, Andy quasi-promises

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

:siren::siren:NEW BUGLE THIS IS NOT A DRILL:siren::siren:
http://www.thebuglepodcast.com/

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

No way am I clicking that obvious goatse link.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The Bugle is now part of Radiotopia as well, so it looks like its future is pretty much certain.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Better than I thought it would be! I'm glad Andy is still really enthusiastic about it. It's a different show, in terms of how they communicate the material, but it works alright. This guest host might just not one of my favorites though, at first glance. It's really unbelievable that there hasn't been a Bugle for the past ~year.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Hari invoking Stewart Lee just when I was thinking of him won him some points from me.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
Hearing Hari respond to Andy's jokes makes you realize how much John was phoning it in by the end. This sounded like a 2.5 person conversation which is how the Bugle should be.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

There's a new Bugle up, making this I think the first double Bugle week in history.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

njsykora posted:

There's a new Bugle up, making this I think the first double Bugle week in history.

Really, really like Nish as a guest host and hope he's on more. Understood the format and the longer running jokes. Plus, he had a lot more enthusiasm than late-era John.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Really, really like Nish as a guest host and hope he's on more. Understood the format and the longer running jokes. Plus, he had a lot more enthusiasm than late-era John.

He's a ridiculously good fit for it, I hope he's one regularly, I think the only issue is that his style is kind of similar to Andy's. He's London based so can probably make it more that some of the announced names. Wyatt should be interesting though.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I've really enjoyed all of the relaunch Bugles so far. Hari is great and his other podcast with W kamau Bell is really funny, and Nish was solid. I'm a big fan.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

BizarroAzrael posted:

He's a ridiculously good fit for it, I hope he's one regularly, I think the only issue is that his style is kind of similar to Andy's. He's London based so can probably make it more that some of the announced names. Wyatt should be interesting though.

I didn't mind so much only because I've been chomping at the bit for Andy's take on Brexit, so to have a fellow Brit as a sounding board was more than fine.

Plus they appear to be friends, and the Bugle has always been two old friends bullshitting about politics and reminiscing about horrible gigs. Good stuff.

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

I can't believe that The Bugle can be linked to the rise to power of the literal President of the United States of America. Good work John.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!
:siren: PUN RUN WARNING :siren:

Today's Bugle contains a Trump pun run. Glorious.

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
Andy had an outstanding intro this week (I'm still giggling about the squirrel section) and it was a good episode overall, but I am really not a fan of Hari.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

onoflalks posted:

:siren: PUN RUN WARNING :siren:

Today's Bugle contains a Trump pun run. Glorious.

There were almost no puns in that run that were even remotely admissible. Amazing.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
That pun run was amazing. I'm so glad the Bulge is back in these times of need.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I finally got around to listening to the latest Bugle. It's been a rough week, and I still can't really take the news, but at least Andy gave me something to laugh about. :unsmith: So many of the jokes people normally make about Trump feel so very wrong to me, because either they turn out to be true, and thus not a joke, or they downplay the horribleness by trivializing it, which just makes things worse, but Andy found a way around.

I got around to listening to the previous episode too, and there was more of that downplaying-Trump humor. :smith:

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
I really hope Anuvab Pal comes back because his actual factual historical references works really well with Andy's unending torrent of bullshit. Really good episode, I want to hear more Indian News who do I have to bribe to make it happen?

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
Yeah, Anuvab was great. He comes off as a funny guy who also cares deeply about reform in his home country. This new format is hitting all the right beats and it would have been great to hear episodes like these over the last few years.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I really liked the episode too. I hope we get more crazy stories from India from the Rest Of The World Correspondent soon.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I listened to that episode in my car and every so often it sounded like something was hitting or scratching against the doors. Turned out it was Anuvab blow air out of his nose directly into the microphone.

I recommend headphones for this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
Plus it sounded like they encoded that episode at 32kbps or less.

• Locked thread