Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
The Bugle strikes again: http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5izIlSjdJ6OnbxnvsA8REol_H-PpA?docId=e4eb9efdbd884d2fbff01ada250d87de

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClydeUmney
May 13, 2004

One can hardly ignore the Taoist implications of "Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling."

The fact that I may not get to hear a fuckyoulogy for Kim Jong Il is incredibly depressing. :(

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
Isn't there one more Times Online Bugle to go?

Tambreet
Nov 28, 2006

Ninja Platypus
Muldoon

vote_no posted:

Isn't there one more Times Online Bugle to go?

I think they said there'd be two more, but that they were prepackaged Best of 2011-type stuff.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
I cannot loving wait for the #fuckeulogy. (tweet it)

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

No way. It's like he was clinging to life just long enough that The Bugle couldn't make fun of him. :tinfoil:

Fellatio del Toro fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Dec 19, 2011

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Clearly he'd just listened to the latest Bugle and decided life wasn't worth living without it.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004
Listened to the last one -- I'd say it's depressing they missed the KJI story by one day, but it's just going to make for a glorious return.

Someone needs to update the thread title.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Rinkles posted:

Zaltzman seems pretty confident they'll work something out.

Worst case scenario, couldn't they just both get on Skype and set up something to record? There would be a drop in audio quality, but miles of latitude in new editorial freedom and it seems like it would be practically free save for paying someone to edit it.

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.
They'd have to torrent it or find a bandwidth source.

edit: (worst case scenario)

vote_no fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Dec 20, 2011

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
From what I've seen on twitter and The Bugle facebook page; there are lots of podcasting networks expressing interest in picking them up.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Cabbit posted:

Worst case scenario, couldn't they just both get on Skype and set up something to record? There would be a drop in audio quality, but miles of latitude in new editorial freedom and it seems like it would be practically free save for paying someone to edit it.

There's probably an objective difference in audio quality between the professionally audio-engineered Bugle and the skyped together MBMBAM, but my dumb ears can't hear it.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

How are u posted:

From what I've seen on twitter and The Bugle facebook page; there are lots of podcasting networks expressing interest in picking them up.

They could hook up with the Smodcast Podcast network if they don't hate Kevin Smith, he's pretty well set up now in the podcasting world.

Meatlong Football
Feb 11, 2008

NITOS FLAME KEEPER posted:

They could hook up with the Smodcast Podcast network if they don't hate Kevin Smith, he's pretty well set up now in the podcasting world.

I would love to hear andy and john try and plug a fleshlight at the beginning of every episode.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Bucket-O-Nothing posted:

I would love to hear andy and john try and plug a fleshlight at the beginning of every episode.

The awkwardness would be so thick you could spread it on a scone.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
I would rather live in a world without a fleshlight pun run, thanks.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

No phenomena should be immune to the wonderful tyranny of pun runs.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Poopy Palpy posted:

There's probably an objective difference in audio quality between the professionally audio-engineered Bugle and the skyped together MBMBAM, but my dumb ears can't hear it.

I don't know what MBMAM is, but Skype sounds pretty obviously bad to most people - at least, compared to broadcast. Most Skype podcasts actually do local recording, they just use Skype to sync up the conversation.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

the last episode was one of the funnier ones recently. plenty of bleeps and a lot of mud slinging at the times/murdoch.

heres hoping they can try to keep it free.

Biggie Shorty
Oct 8, 2008
All this time I've been waiting for The American to return...and now this? :ohdear:

Judoon Platoon
Nov 1, 2010

@hellobuglers posted:

BUGLE SHORT-TERM FUTURE UPDATE: Times Online have kindly agreed to host two more episodes after New Year, plus the two 2011 review shows.
:woop:

ieatsoap6
Nov 4, 2009

College Slice
Hooray! We get at least one more fuckeulogy!

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Congrats Murdoch, gently caress Murdoch.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Biggie Shorty posted:

All this time I've been waiting for The American to return...and now this? :ohdear:

I wish The American had his own podcast.

sildenafil
Dec 17, 2004

They're just jealous.
Look who just joined Twitter. #savethebugle

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

ieatsoap6 posted:

Hooray! We get at least one more fuckeulogy!

Kim Jong-Il's fuckeuology will be the greatest thing we've ever heard.

slartibartfast
Nov 13, 2002
:toot:

Laserface posted:

I wish The American had his own podcast.
It's not a podcast, but he did a 30 minute Comedy Central special. He's not in character as "The American", but his original comedy isn't too different. His name is Rory Albanese if you want to go a' Googlin'.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Yeah I was watching some Daily Show writers/correspondents panel on Hulu and one of the writers starts talking and I immediately recognize it's :wth: The American :wth:

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
I always thought it was Jason Jones. Holy balls I feel stupid.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
Well now that Rupert Murdoch has joined twitter I hope you'll all join in telling him to #SaveTheBugle

e: me read thread good

Rude Dude With Tude fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Jan 3, 2012

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
Chris the Producer has posted something interesting on Twitter:

quote:

producerchris
#TheBugle review of 2011 part 2 is now in itunes, or: http://t.co/kKrLDFXe Enjoy kids, should ne a new show next week. @hellobuglers

New show next week after the best of's?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Heners_UK posted:

New show next week after the best of's?
Yeah, they already said there'd be two more.

attackofthequasars
Aug 3, 2011

subject to change without notice
Yay for this thread! :v:

Huge fan of The Bugle here. I'm so happy they got two more shows. We get a fuckeulogy and they get a little more time to figure out where they're going to be hosting The New Bugle (fuckyoumurdoch). I'm pretty happy to pay $1 or so to listen to it because it's loving amazing. I hope it's not just on iTunes though. I get the podcast through Listen on android and have downloaded the earlier shows so I can hear them again and again.

I discovered the podcast in mid-2008 and I've been obsessed since. It has made me look like an idiot in public transport more times than I'm comfortable to admit (people do not appreciate other people snorting while chocking back laughter). The section I miss most is the Hotties From History and, also, I'm continuously amazed at the quality of listener's emails.

All hail The Bugle!

soupcan58
Mar 13, 2008

You blew my mind, man!

It's Friday, so you know what that means. It's time for a Fuckeulogy! Also, it's a new episode of The Bugle. I really hope that there's not too long of a break between episodes. This is the only podcast I look forward to on a weekly basis.

Lady Gaza
Nov 20, 2008

I'm getting a 509 Bandwidth Limit Exceeded message when I try and access

http://gamesplusone.com/thebugle/

but this link works

http://podcast.timesonline.co.uk/rss/thebuglemp3.rss

if anyone used the former.

denizen
Aug 12, 2003
i am the only denizen
well this thing is really great and it was enough to convince me to finally figure out how rss feeds work

Judoon Platoon
Nov 1, 2010
3AM Twitter update news!

@hellobuglers posted:

Recording Bugle 178 tomorrow, Friday. The last Bugle with @TheTimes. We will carry on with Bugle 179 next week, details in this week's show.

@hellobuglers posted:

No-one intervened. We're going to be independent for a while, and remain free to download, pending a long-term solution later.

sildenafil
Dec 17, 2004

They're just jealous.

Judoon Platoon posted:

3AM Twitter update news!

Actually, I feel this deserves a :ohdear:, especially if they're going independent. :ohdear:

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Plenty of other podcasts manage to survive independently, and their stars didn't appear in 2011 smash hit The Smurfs. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elwood
Mar 28, 2001

by Smythe
and 2008 comedy of the year The Love Guru.

• Locked thread