Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
An unbleeped gently caress in the latest Bugle! Also some Florence Nightengale talk with no mention of the best Bugle segment, Hotties from History. Go back and listen to the old episodes for it if you havent heard it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I saw Andy Zaltzman (also the The American guy) in this trailer for John Oliver's standup show http://www.comedycentral.com/video-clips/3lyu31/john-oliver-s-new-york-stand-up-show-john-oliver-s-new-york-stand-up-show---the-trailer which premiered yesterday, I think. :)

Also a lot of bearded dudes in glasses.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Well, it was a guy who sounded like him. He does a pretty long joke near the beginning of the trailer, I think?

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I played a Bugle for my family today on a car trip, and they all liked it. It was the one after Bin Laden died, and the premiere of their obsession with Pippa Middleton. Oh Pippa... ooh

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Happy 5th birthday, the Bugle! Wonderful.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I'm mad that they apparently missed out on the Berlusconi news for yesterday's Bugle. It should be good next week, and I loved John's Mitt Romney burn (he said, if elected, the white house would be the smallest house Mitt Romney has ever lived in).

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Hoops posted:

I love John Stewart on the show but I uniformly hate all the correspondant sections, John Oliver included. they're not brave enough to go deadpan and they're not delivered with enough charisma to be inclusive. Obviously the host is bit looser though so maybe he can be more like his Bugle persona.

I think the Bugle works a lot better as a radio show, John and Andy (from what I've seen) both lose something in person. They don't "sell the jokes with their eyes" or something.

I think they used to do them as more deadpan "straightmen". You don't like the sketch with Stephen Colbert talking about Prince Charles https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=un__imwE3vg or this one of John Oliver's that I just remembered http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-october-17-2012/experts-critique-the-presidential-debate I think John shares a lot of the things he thinks of for the Bugle/Daily Show.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Berlusconi back on the Bugle, and more sensational material. I liked deeming him the sexual assaulter's sexual assaulter and how electing him is like getting another blowjob from the same crocodile with your eighth consecutive penis.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Andy says "gently caress" and it's uncensored on this most recent episode.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Andy talking about that teenage pope was sublimely funny, especially when he read his list of crimes and offered quick rationales for each one. This is the funniest podcast on a humor per unit time basis, and I listen to the funniest casts out there. Andy is a treasure.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I like how much better it is than the Daily Show. It's pretty much like half of the Bugle on TV. Zaltor should definitely do one segment from Britain a week though.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Apparently there will be no respite from country-based puns this summer.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
This thread should get stickied. What timing with Scotland, too.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I thought he had sort of a stereotypical view of Mexico and its culture when he talked about it a couple times, but he is a British comedian who hasn't really been to the area so I rationalized it that way.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I'm also happy that Andy has (finally) gotten a following for his standup comedy, even if it is on the incorrect hemisphere. His jokes about the British empire cordially brutalizing their colonial subjects kill me, and he had a good one recently.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
John's new show isn't as good as the Bugle. :sigh:

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Which news would that be? http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/man-sexually-attracted-playground-equipment-10098272

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
gently caress John Oliver's awful show!!!!

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
No, he's given up on the Bugle since two months ago and is happy covering cricket. But I'm not.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
!!!!

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Thanks for getting my hopes up Zaltzmann !

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I hope John can still be funny after returning from his long vacation of not being so!

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
It was nice, could've been better. It's great to hear them together, and Andy's written comedic screeds always seem better when he's doing them in-studio with John and Chris, to me. The audience directed format seems pretty smart. I truly loathe John's show.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I know bro

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I guess it's impossible to record on a different day. Keep working hard at your extremely creative and unpredictable hit HBO show John.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Fans posted:

I need to go re-listen to when they covered The News of the World story while being paid by the Murdoch Media arm, ending every segment with the tapping of a microphone and calls of "Is this on? I don't understand why this is still on"

Also "Hotties from History" was something. Not sure what. But something.

:awesome:

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
It was a funny comedic bit. Not difficult to decipher.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Better than I thought it would be! I'm glad Andy is still really enthusiastic about it. It's a different show, in terms of how they communicate the material, but it works alright. This guest host might just not one of my favorites though, at first glance. It's really unbelievable that there hasn't been a Bugle for the past ~year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
I'm glad the Bugle is so great. I've been a fan of all the hosts, including these Aussie ones.

• Locked thread