Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
This show made me survive a rough year a while back, but since around when Tom left the show, I too took a break from the show. Now I'd like to catch up, does anyone know a registry of what happens in which Bugle?

In case any of you know by hand:
Every appearance of The American
Chris (gently caress you) first appearance on the show (in mention and voice), and later episodes in which he prominently appear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

thefncrow posted:

No guide as to what segments are in which Bugles, as far as I'm aware. Best you can really do is read the descriptions in iTunes, which can be really hit and miss.

Unfortunately, The American appearances have been somewhat sparse of late. He's in episode 109 and 139, and there's a short bit in 158a. Only got that because the Bugle wikia page has an Ask An American section that someone keeps up to date with The American appearances.

Chris shows up in the first Bugle after Tom leaves, which is 108. Tom comes back for a visit at some point, looks like Bugle 131 from the iTunes descriptions.
Yeah I figured it'd be a shot in the dark to find a complete rundown of every episode, thanks for finding those I wanted though!
I'm trying to catch up and listen to almost a 100 Bugles, but I'm not sure I'll end up sane.

My god...it's full of puns :psyduck:
Reminds me of that time United Arab Emirates. Oh well, I just Iran with it, Bhutan with the show!

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Oct 29, 2011

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

He could spend some of that sweet sweet Smurfmoney for an account. I always kind of liked those episodes, it sounds like he's reporting from behind enemy lines as it's always usually from a Republican convention or similar Daily Show mission.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Dezoth posted:

I can understand that. The jokes feel a little forced at time, but personally I like inane, made-up bullshit sometimes and The Congressman's Penis is just the inane, made-up bullshit that I need sometimes.

Also, does anyone remember what episode the Belgians liking waffles joke started?
People in Belgium always eat waffles all the time, it's just a known fact :colbert:

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

More puns next episode, woo!

Dear God kill me now

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Godfucking damnit. I was having a great lazy saturday morning, lying in bed and listening to the Bugle. Sat loving bolt upright when I realized they weren't joking :smith:
Having read up a bit now it's good to see them confident and in talks of a new home. But still, it's probably going to take a while.

gently caress you Chris Murdoch!! :argh:

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Glitterbomber posted:

Welp my itunes got two Bugles for the change over, and for some reason I decided to delete the empty one and it deleted both instead, so now I need to download the old episodes I liked from the site I guess :smith:.
I didn't realize they'd disappear from the iTunes list. It feels so empty only having 5 back episodes and nothing popping up when I refresh :smith:

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Yeah I have the new one, but I can't go "Show all available episodes" on the old one and have a convenient list of them all ready to be downloaded. Only the ones I had downloaded show up in that list.

Lost, like tears in rain...
(Of course RSS and other archives, but you get my point)

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Ovaltine Jenkins posted:

You mean the Grisham novel that he's been reading from?

Are we gonna lose Chris when they go independent? gently caress you chris!
As much as I want Chris to be hosed, I cannot see the Bugle without a producer. My favorite episodes were always when Tom or Chris would chime here and there in as some sort of voice-of-reason between their crazy ramblings.
Especially as a voice of groaning/death-threats before pun-runs. Just one is not enough.

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Jan 19, 2012

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Johns interpretation of a Pepsi commercial narrated by Andy was loving gold. At the very end of #180

"Uh so drink Pepsi...have I had Pepsi? Maybe it was Coke, they taste the same though don't they?"

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Speaking of puns, has anyone told Andy of Foerster's syndrome?
He might have a tumor in his brain :ohdear:
"When the surgeon began to manipulate the tumor, affecting those sensitive structures, the (conscious) patient burst into a manic flight of puns."

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Well I tossed them an e-mail alerting Andy of his potential brain tumor, hopefully they will have him at a hospital soon. Unless this has been brought up countless times over the podcast and I've been deaf to it.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Well I signed it with my name, which is a double-name and ends in a german sounding surname and I'm Swedish, so he might have some ammo there.
I'd gladly give up my pride if it gives Andy the help he needs. :ohdear:

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Oh well, was a great(?) couple of puns though. He mentioned he got a couple of more mentions of that brain trauma, looks like more fans heard of it.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

From The Bugle Facebook, Andy right in the middle of a pun-run:
https://twitter.com/#!/producerchris/status/190887749694402560/photo/1/large
That smile will haunt me.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Goddamnit Chris, you're terrible

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

You mean gently caress you Chris, you're terrible.
I've said it so many times it started to feel weird saying 'gently caress', so I had to mix it up.

e: vvvv He really is the epitome of Evil.

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Apr 23, 2012

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

All this talk of Peas, Pasta and Comedy makes me think of Eddie Izzard and Darth Vader.

"You can't have PEAS in Penne a la Arabiata, don't you know who I am?! I am the Lord Sir Darth Vader, I could kill you with a single thought!"

edit: Izzard link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp69rg6Hdlo

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 12:40 on May 7, 2012

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Episode 200, and an amazing intro by John Oliver for this momentous occasion.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

but no American and the death of a popular character.
Sadly I was typing that while listening to the beginning of it, and then I didn't have the heart to edit in my follow-up :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

When did the trend of posting 'funny' things to the Bugle facebook start? I like sophisticated dick jokes and puns, not recycled 9gag meme pictures :colbert:

• Locked thread