Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

UP AND ADAM posted:

I saw Andy Zaltzman (also the The American guy) in this trailer for John Oliver's standup show http://www.comedycentral.com/video-clips/3lyu31/john-oliver-s-new-york-stand-up-show-john-oliver-s-new-york-stand-up-show---the-trailer which premiered yesterday, I think. :)

Also a lot of bearded dudes in glasses.

Who is the American?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Where's my loving BUGLE, Chris?!

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Undeclared Eggplant posted:

No Bugle coming this week, although I think there's going to be another short thing from Andy. They said they should be back next week.

Bugle methadone fix says they'll be back with a full episode next week (this week) at 4:50 :raise:

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

erezaka posted:

How do you guys find the old Bugles? Nothing before the 120s is in my itunes anymore for some reason.

http://gamesplusone.com/thebugle/

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Making Glenn Beck humble seems impossible even for the Sheik.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Take it as a sign of your mental health that you didn't understand one of Andy's puns immediately.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

kalensc posted:

DOUBLE DOWWWWWWWN

G'DING!

Can I also, can I also just say real quickG'DING!

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Would have preferred if they'd just got back into the swing of things, especially since it's once a month now. It's almost like the Bugle isn't actually starting until April and this was just sort of hi hello sorry about that.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I do, but my perceptions are colored by an irrational desire for pun runs.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

One month today since the last Bugle...

Poopy Palpy posted:

Do you honestly think they'll do an episode in April?

You naive child-baby.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Jesus John drink some hot tea or something

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

GrandpaPants posted:

Maybe one day John can be one of those guest co-hosts :smith:

I hope so. I'd hate for his final appearance on the Bugle to be a hurried apology constantly interrupted by bursts of coughing.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I'll keep listening, I just hate that they couldn't make it to three hundred episodes. So close!

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Bugle will return on October 21st, Andy quasi-promises

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

BizarroAzrael posted:

He's a ridiculously good fit for it, I hope he's one regularly, I think the only issue is that his style is kind of similar to Andy's. He's London based so can probably make it more that some of the announced names. Wyatt should be interesting though.

I didn't mind so much only because I've been chomping at the bit for Andy's take on Brexit, so to have a fellow Brit as a sounding board was more than fine.

Plus they appear to be friends, and the Bugle has always been two old friends bullshitting about politics and reminiscing about horrible gigs. Good stuff.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I listened to that episode in my car and every so often it sounded like something was hitting or scratching against the doors. Turned out it was Anuvab blow air out of his nose directly into the microphone.

I recommend headphones for this one.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I'm sorry I just can't do the Wyatt Cenac episodes. He appears to come to the recording completely unprepared with anything and his off the cuff riffs are pretty dry and humorless. Even Andy only laughed politely.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Gosh I really wish Nish would laugh more...

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Mahlertov Cocktail posted:

Y'all don't +15 through every ad in every podcast? drat

Just keep smacking that skip button till I hear fanfare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Red Oktober posted:

I absolutely love the Alice ones. There’s a slightly nervous air from Andy, not knowing what will happen. Like you have your sibling with you and aren’t quite sure what they’re about to dredge up.

Are you thinking of Helen? Alice Fraser is the Australian comic who is indeed absolutely hilarious.

• Locked thread