Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

It looks like we're probably getting another gently caress You-logy this week...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

And it will be glorious

Seems I may have spoken too soon, though.

Also, I've been watching through what episodes of 8 out of 10 Cats that I can find, and just turned one on, only to find that Andy is one of the panelists! Excellent. :D

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

toanoradian posted:

Man that is really dickish of you to not give the number of the episode :mad: . What, do you want me to watch the show that doesn't have Mr. Zaltzman in it?

Haha, sorry. Series 7, episode 7.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Max22 posted:

Where can I find the Bugle episode where John Oliver rips into the Smurfs movie? Google and YouTube have turned up nothing and it's not in the OP, despite its hilarity being the one thing I ever hear about the podcast.

It's not something that only happens in one episode, jokes about The Smurfs and The Love Guru are quite common throughout the episodes. If you want to listen to the first time that John announced his role in The Smurfs, though, it's episode #112, just over ~5 minutes in.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

toanoradian posted:

Question. I've been listening to the Bugle backwards and reaching #140 now. What is up with John's obsession with Pippa Middleton?

Secondly, what does 'cold and wet weaver' refer to? In one of the episodes John referenced it and Andy said it was one of the legendary moments of comedy, but the episodes before it didn't really say anything about the weaver.

I think originally it was a joke about how the media was obsessing over Pippa/her bottom during the build-up to the Royal Wedding, but I'm pretty sure it eventually just became a reflex for him, haha.

& "Cold and wet weaver" was one of Andy's dog puns, from episode 117, I think.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jun 30, 2012

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Lady Gaza posted:

I lost it when he did that voice when talking about the PIPA/SOPA stuff in the US.

"What are you proposing, PIPA? Naughty PIPA! Naughty, naughty PIPA!"

If I remember correctly. So unsettling. Haha.

(Checked, yeah, episode 179, just a few minutes in)

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

toanoradian posted:

Can anyone access the archive posted in the first page? I can't seem to.

I haven't been able to for awhile... and it's gone from google searches and the entire page gamesplusone seems to be gone. :(

So yeah, I don't think it's a valid link, anymore. :smith:

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

And on someone else's podcast...Here's John!

Listened to this yesterday, it's a great interview. I didn't know that John and Richard Ayoade were friends in college!

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

I'm watching Mock the Week s11e04 right now, and Chris Addison just pulled out a joke that struck me as really Andy-like, about 14:16 in...

"Oh, that appears to be a lovely Olympic stadium you're building. What a shame if something were to happen to it! Oh dear oh dear oh dear, your Velodrome seems to have gone missing overnight."

I know they do 7 Day Sunday together, but maybe I'm just imagining things... there was just something about the delivery of it.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Here's a John Oliver interview, The Bugle comes up within the first couple of minutes.

"My life is an unending series of awkward, contentious moments."

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

If anybody remembers the Putin shooting a whale with a crossbow segment from Episode 125, "Donor Fatigue", I commissioned a series of Putin paintings from a friend of mine, and they're finally done/up for sale!!

Putin shooting a whale with a crossbow!

Putin shooting a tiger!

Putin riding a polar bear!

I just ordered all three as postcards, to put in a frame together, but I think they are also available as various-sized prints/greeting cards/whatnot.

I really want him to do the full calendar that John talks about in the segment, and he seemed open to it... theoretically. It took basically since Donor Fatigue until just recently for these ones to materialize fully, so another 9 of them would take more cajoling than I have in me, I think. Haha.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Aug 31, 2012

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

Leave John alone he is busy finding another wife.

But last time he was able to fit that in AND Bugle naked from his hotel room!

TACD posted:

You've ordered another set of three, written the words 'gently caress', 'YOU', and 'CHRIS' on the back of them and mailed them into the show, right? Right?

BizarroAzrael posted:

Or just anonymously, with the message "where's my loving Bugle!?"

I definitely should, I did order extras... (I did email them to the podcast email account, though!)

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

...well, I definitely have to get my friend to paint this new development:

It appropriately showed up on the main page of Huffington Post with the simple headline:

Putin is Ridiculous

quote:

Russian President Vladimir Putin is reportedly planning to put on a fake beak and fly a motorized hang-glider to lead a flock of endangered young Siberian white cranes on part of their migration to Asia.

Is this real life??

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Sep 6, 2012

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Allan Assiduity posted:

e: also hearing that the Pope has resigned has made me grin in anticipation, which is definitely worrying.

Haha, I'm also really excited for this. One of my first thoughts upon hearing the news was that I wish it had happened later in the week so that I wouldn't have to wait so long to hear Andy and John's reactions to it.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

prefect posted:

I only started listening to the Bugle around episode 206, and as I'm working my way through the older episodes, I was struck by something. I'm up to 189, and John has made a second mention of "my friend, Wyatt", referring to Wyatt Cenac, who was on the Daily Show with him. On one hand, I think it's really great that they seem to be outside-of-work friends (as opposed to just "work friends"), because they're both hilarious. But on the other hand, now I'm even more depressed that Wyatt left the Daily Show a month or two ago. :smith:

I hope they still get to hang out with each other.

I remember one episode where he talked about having a nightmare that Wyatt was leaving The Daily Show. :(

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

Another episode that the two of them go to Basketball games together. Also I think John will be there until he is forced to leave, given his own show, or is the new host.

John Oliver posted:

Oh baby you! Spit hot dog on me-ee! And you got some on my friend, yes you got some on my friend

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

onoflalks posted:

I think they were all cities apart from Oblast

Wasn't one of them "Caspian", as well?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Wait, did we not get that 3-hour seminar on the A12? gently caress YOU, CHRIS!

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

If you want to watch/support John's show, but don't get HBO, the first episode is on YouTube!

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Does anyone happen to know which episode has Andy talking about potential original names for... I think Coca-Cola... /what the names that they come up with are? I seem to recall it being something along the lines of "Bubbly Bastard" or something?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

He's also made two jokes in recent episodes about cavemen and dinosaurs being around at the same time. I think it's safe to assume Andy doesn't believe everything that he makes jokes about.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

spamman posted:

Has anyone noticed that they've sold out of the Christmas Jumpers? What in the hell humanity.

They talked about it in last week's Bugle!

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

I wonder if they'll have anything to say about the FIFA arrests.

I can't wait for it. They're gonna be delighted!

brb, gonna re-listen to episode 279: Thrills, Chills, and Blatter aches

"Being accused by FIFA of being corrupt is like being approached by a dolphin who comes up and blows cigar smoke in your face and says 'You know your problem, kid? You swim too much.'"

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 02:19 on May 28, 2015

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Fans posted:

John returns and then Zaltzman filibusters him with a one hour long pun run, finally destroying their friendship forever.

Better to go out with a bang than with a whimper.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

soupcan58 posted:

It'll be even better if he uses the word "fuckulogy" for that, too.
Has there been an exact spelling for that word yet? Or is it just up to everyone to decide how they want to spell it?

There is an official spelling based on merch:

(Well, 2 official spellings)

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

The Bugle needs to hurry up and get its first guest co-host episode out there so that it can cover this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Rich beef sausages.

• Locked thread