Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
My favorite moments are when Andy breaks into a string of puns. Just the physical pain John Oliver is in during those is fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Ack. Where can I find old episodes now that the old Bugle is gone from Itunes?

The last bugle I had listened to was 2 December.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

notaspy posted:

The tension in John's voice when he thought Andy was going on a pun run was one of the best things I have heard in a while. I loving love pun runs; the anger and pain they cause John and Chris is the high point.

Yeah, that flash of panic in his voice absolutely slayed me.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

I think this episode might be one of my favorites.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

The Dark One posted:

Belgium/waffle jokes will never not be funny.

Correct.

Popelmon posted:

I really understand their fascination for the diamond heist. When I heard about it first I just thought "Good for them!".

This was my thought too. And I think the word "heist" in itself makes me giddy when I hear it.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Zsinjeh posted:

When did the trend of posting 'funny' things to the Bugle facebook start? I like sophisticated dick jokes and puns, not recycled 9gag meme pictures :colbert:

Yeah. I had to hide the facebook page from my feed the other day for that reason. It's gotten really bad.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

UP AND ADAM posted:

I like how much better it is than the Daily Show. It's pretty much like half of the Bugle on TV. Zaltor should definitely do one segment from Britain a week though.

Honestly, while I mostly enjoyed it, I felt like the whole format was a but awkward - as if it was lacking something. I feel like there needs to be another personality. Kind of like a Conan/Richter thing. Tonally, it felt really close to the Bugle, though I just felt it lacked a little. Just hire Andy to come sit on a couch and make puns every episode.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

I really want to know what John and Andy think about England getting their asses handed to them in the World Cup.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Poopy Palpy posted:

I always thought it was lazy that the Bugle's go-to Belgium joke was waffles when their national icon is a fountain of a boy pissing, but then I went to Belgium and the Leige waffle I had was the highlight of the trip.

My favorite thing about the waffles jokes is John's overwhelming glee every time it gets brought up.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

I think it's really awesome that HBO puts most (if not almost all) of the Last Week Tonight segments up for free on youtube.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

I wonder if they'll have anything to say about the FIFA arrests.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Welp. Seems like I don't have to ever give a poo poo about listening to the Bugle anymore. No interest without John.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

I feel kinda bad for the Bugle. The older episodes all have like 300k+ listens on Soundcloud, but the ones since the relaunch are struggling to break 10k.

Granted, I haven't listened to it at all either, but it was just interesting to see the drop.

• Locked thread