Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Heners_UK posted:

Al Murray on the 7 Day Sunday podcast (which would also interest British listeners of the Bugle) described Andy's puns as so powerful that they can retroactively take down governments.

He ended Stalin-ism this week.

Thanks for the info on this podcast. One thing I've noticed is that Andy is unbelievably funny on it and only seems average on the Bugle, because he's on it with John who is loving incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Do the Right Thing and Pappy's are both great. This thread is revealing even more great British comedy.

I don't know why but I am addicted to mock panel game shows going back to the first broadcasts of I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue (I'm really old.)

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Billy the Mountain posted:

Have you looked up QI on youtube with Stephen Fry? Not comedy so much as pure awesome.

Oh God yes. It is the perfect panel show.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
The whole bit on speed-walking France vs. Chilled out France was glorious. Also the whole bit on the Mexican Presidential debate.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Seeing as they have migrated from Uncle Rupert's care, can we get a thread title change?

Maybe The Bugle : Audio Newspaper For a Visual World (Cricket and Snooker and gently caress-eulogies oh my...)

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Andy reuses Bugle bits in the Tonight show he does with Rory Bremner.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I survive on my proxies. What's the link?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

thexerox123 posted:

It looks like we're probably getting another gently caress You-logy this week...

And it will be glorious

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Bless you!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
And on someone else's podcast...Here's John!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Andy Parsons is an insane bald genius.

EDIT: Also, Monsoon Poultry Hospital

Humbug Scoolbus fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jul 21, 2012

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Quote is not edit...:argh:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I still think #99 is the greatest so far. Silvio's Face vs. the Milan Cathedral is gold.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I'm sure John is taking notes for an Assad one.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
#99 Is still the best episode though...:colbert:

Nothing can beat the Milan Cathedral used as a weapon.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
There was a short papal pun-run

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
They could cast the American version of QI from that talent pool.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

elwood posted:

I think he sometimes is a guest on the Now Show as well.

And he's the sports guy for 7-Day Sunday too!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
So who's looking forward to tomorrow night?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
It's only 22 minutes....Watch it.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Episode 99 is one of the best. Cathedral + Berlesconi + Violence = :getin:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
The bleeping in the center of the long drawn out Cyprus 'FuuuuuuuuuuuBleepuuuuccckkkked' was the funniest.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Let this happen for Andy's sake...

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...ns-9345626.html

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
The Political Animal bits are amazing.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Wyatt had been the weakest of the guests, but he was on fire this last one. The delivery of his 'Tolerance is just laziness' line was gold.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Alice and Nish are my favorites so far. Alice gives absolutely no fucks.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

njsykora posted:

If you're in the UK, Nish is on the new series of Taskmaster which has its first episode online a week early. He does sports.

Oh god, this series will be epic. Nish calling a basketball racist...twice.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Nish on this season of Taskmaster is killing it.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
I need to set up a Taskmaster thread in TVIV. Nish's complete failures on that show are the stuff of legends.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

BizarroAzrael posted:

Then you've not seen him in any Taskmaster, remedy this.

FTFY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry

Teddybear posted:

Is there even any way to see Taskmaster in the states? I hear about it a bunch but I've never seen any of it.

https://uktvplay.uktv.co.uk/shows/taskmaster/watch-online/ is the link. But you need a way to look like you're in the UK, an email address, and this might be useful too WC1X 0AA

• Locked thread