Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Mordiceius posted:

My favorite moments are when Andy breaks into a string of puns. Just the physical pain John Oliver is in during those is fantastic.
The very first show I listened to (#117) had a seemingly-unending string of dog puns with John Oliver moaning in pain in the background. I was about to tell my friend this podcast was a crime against humanity until Chris jumped in with "MILK JIGGERS" out of nowhere and I practically choked. Loving it ever since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Every week that Andy fails to remember the Soundcloud URL it gets exponentially funnier. I was almost crying this week.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

thexerox123 posted:

If anybody remembers the Putin shooting a whale with a crossbow segment from Episode 125, "Donor Fatigue", I commissioned a series of Putin paintings from a friend of mine, and they're finally done/up for sale!!

Putin shooting a whale with a crossbow!

Putin shooting a tiger!

Putin riding a polar bear!

I just ordered all three as postcards, to put in a frame together, but I think they are also available as various-sized prints/greeting cards/whatnot.

I really want him to do the full calendar that John talks about in the segment, and he seemed open to it... theoretically. It took basically since Donor Fatigue until just recently for these ones to materialize fully, so another 9 of them would take more cajoling than I have in me, I think. Haha.
You've ordered another set of three, written the words 'gently caress', 'YOU', and 'CHRIS' on the back of them and mailed them into the show, right? Right?

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Mr. Squishy posted:

I hate the opening sting on every Bugle. Deafens me every time.
Holy poo poo, seriously. On occasion I've queued up a few to listen to on a long train journey and started to doze off... then the SSHHHWOMP comes in at the start of an episode and I jump out of my goddamn seat.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

The mutual childish sniggering at each other's jokes is one of the most endearing aspects of the show.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

WoG posted:

(Seriously, what was wrong with )?
Furthermore, why is the tagline "Powerhosing premium-grade satirical hogwash all over planet Earth since 2007" instead of the far more succinct and memorable "Audio newspaper for a visual world"? :mad:

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Mr. Squishy posted:

A Clippy joke in 2014.
Never mind that, how about that Tickle Me Elmo reference?

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Please let there be a surprise Bugle later this week. Please oh please.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Fans posted:

They can't miss out on this. When a boy painted a massive penis on his parents house they were there to report it with the gravitas and maturity it deserved. The nation needs their services once again.
If John Oliver isn't available then at a minimum I hope Andy steps up with the pig-based pun run we all crave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

kalensc posted:

Share some top early Bugle moments:

England manager listening to game on radio in car, before putting it into gear, and driving at full pace, into his own house (end of 005 iirc)
I still remember experiencing my first pun run (she bored 'er colleagues). I couldn't decide if it was the greatest thing ever or if Andy needed to face trial at the Hague.

• Locked thread