Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Did John reuse a few jokes from his Daily Show bit about Obama/drones? That really confused me because I thought for a minute that I had listened to the episode already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Oh it's absolutely understandable. I was just confused for a second :shobon:.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

bobkatt013 posted:

Next have them listen to oen with career criminal Silvio and then any one with stupid buildings. I also find the one with maths hilarious.

I'm currently going trough the backlog before I go to sleep and I literally rolled out of my bed because I was laughing so hard when I listened to the stupid buildings episode.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I just started to go trough the backlog (starting from episode 1) and holy poo poo are the early episodes great. Also it's hilarious how prophetic they are.

"Mitt Romney quit the presidential race. Phew, dodged a bullet there" - John Oliver, early 2008.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I will never get tired of them mocking the Queen.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
From their Facebook page:

quote:

Dear Silvio, next time you get sent down can you do it before we record, and not as soon as we finish?
All out love,
The Bugle

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Home of the brave. And cowardly. And the downright lazy.

And that punrun in the end was absolutely magical :allears:.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

A Long Way Down posted:

I enjoyed the two fucks that Chris forgot to go back and remove in the most recent episode. Makes me wish they would run the show uncensored.

Absolutely not!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y36ZaV95WcQ

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Our fairytales are really, really messed up. will post some stuff when I'm not on my phone!

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I really understand their fascination for the diamond heist. When I heard about it first I just thought "Good for them!".

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

bobkatt013 posted:

I love how the Times were not aware that they had Jon Oliver on their payroll.

"...an unknown British comedian..." That was great.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
There is a nice eulogy with euphemisms though :shobon:.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Kaotac posted:

I started listening a couple of months ago and I've listened to 201 so far..

I think the best part was the email they received from the doctor who had to go to see the dead man after listening to Andy's death based football chants.

"Dear Andy, John and Chris in order who is more likely to get me struck off the medical registrar.."

gently caress you Chris!

That was great but I still like the stupid buildings bit more. That absolutely floored me.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
The crocodile line was absolutely amazing.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
That pun run was so painful. I absolutely loved it :hawww:. And the bell is a great addition.

"Are you doing poo poo ones intentionally so you can follow them up with a good one?"

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I'm pretty sure it was him.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

prefect posted:

I don't think I will ever get tired of hearing Zaltor and John make jokes about other countries. :allears:

(p.s. "Der Spiegel" is German for "The Spiegel".)

The "Die Zeit" joke was even better :allears:.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

AtraMorS posted:

Andy apparently sat in on the last Nature podcast of the year. It's been pretty great.

(slightly paraphrased)
Andy: "You know, statistics are very much like a ventroliquist's dummy in that if you stick your hand far enough in you can make it say whatever you want."
Nature podcaster: "But...Statistics are like a religion around here."
Andy: "You mean they're mostly lies?"

http://www.nature.com/nature/podcast/

Ahahaha this is great. And I think I will subscribe to the Nature podcast too!

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

oval office Dracula :catstare:.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Ahahaha. "The athlete who's name sounds most like someone falling down the stairs" killed me.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I'm so glad that the Bin Laden fuckulogy was included in the archive episode :allears:.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Trickle Up Austerity is one of the best phrases I have hear in a while.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Sad news :(

Well deserved, but still sad. I really hope they can find a way to fit the Bugle into John's busy schedule.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Chris: What? WHAAAAAAAAT?

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I still laugh about the stupid buildings bit every time I think about it.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
That pun run was amazing. I'm so glad the Bulge is back in these times of need.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I really liked the episode too. I hope we get more crazy stories from India from the Rest Of The World Correspondent soon.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

vote_no posted:

Plus it sounded like they encoded that episode at 32kbps or less.

The whole ~45 min episode was just 11 mb for some reason. I thought it was going to be a mini episode when I saw that in my podcast app.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Indiana Jones and the change of heart. I love the new Bugle so much.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
I love Nish so much.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Mr. Squishy posted:

i was trying to think back to when I heard a weirder ad on a podcast and then I remembered years ago they were shilling historically accurate replica military helmets.

That Pepsi Next (or whatever it was called) ad a few years ago was so bad. I have no idea thought that was a good idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Alice really is the best. Her little pun run on the latest episode was fantastic.

• Locked thread