Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
One of the worst thing about the extended break is how we've missed hearing them talk about Berlusconi calling Italy a "lovely country".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Fianlly! A fesh 'gle! You know it's been too long when they've run out of offcuts to use.
Though the opening minutes make me feel churlish for being impatient.
e:fb

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Andy wrote a Year in Review for The Guardian last saturday.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I'm pretty worried about that because Andy Zaltzman sounds nervous in recordings for The Now Show, which is a radio show recorded in front of 50 people, who knows what'll happen in front of a much larger audience. Although he held up in front of a similar crowd on Oliver's special, so I don't know.
Another BBC Zaltzman fact: for a show called 30 Acts in 30 Minutes, which is basically speed dating for stand-up, Andy did the Queen Victoria joke and did not get half-way through.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

The bit after Andy's spurting about the Harlequin's winning the rugby? It's just John's last line ("Rugby was the winner Andy, Rugby and the 'Quins") repeated with some other effects on top. I think it's meant to evoke a cassette tape as you're ejecting it. Anyway some wanky transition Chris put in because apparently there weren't enough swears to keep him busy.

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jun 5, 2012

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

toanoradian posted:

To people who've watched Political Animal, is it just like the Bugle? And is there a way to hear it?

Political Animal is a live show where Andy comperes a gaggle of political comics. A while back it had a Radio 4 show where in-studio John and Andy threw to clips recorded from the live version. The in-studio bits took the form of a condensed and bizarre story (only example I remember is their being shot out of a cannon at a swan), which had a very different energy to the Bugle as it was more tightly scripted and produced, rather than just two friends chatting. There are no legitimate ways to listen to that now, though 4 Extra could maybe might possibly replay it eventually. The live show might be recorded on a phone and uploaded to youtube, but nothing beyond that.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I hate the opening sting on every Bugle. Deafens me every time.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

This week's bonusode reveals that John thinks that T.S. Eliot wrote The Rime of the Ancient Mariner.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Andy Zaltzman is a team captain on Rory Bremner's One Question Quiz, a scripted satire in the form of a quiz show. I think it's quite good and on the second episode he does the analogy of the testicles and the George Foreman Grill, which is always good to hear.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Anyone who objects to the transformation of a comedy podcast into art can go gently caress off.
VVV Yes, Chris. VVV

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Sep 1, 2013

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I've always assumed the subscription number was 0 and they just kept on out of hope, habit and John's income and that of Andy's wife.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Big fan of Andy reading out the name "Bulbasaur."

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A Clippy joke in 2014.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

The race war has started already?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

njsykora posted:

And with Farage gone the news will completely stop paying attention to them.

He (might) put his name forward for the leadership election, so you know, he'll be back.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

John's just as likely to be too busy every other week, I think.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Great to hear the Mart Van Dongen diary again.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Because he's in England and also very unpopular.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Vanity Oliver.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

You seem to believe that he owes you something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

i was trying to think back to when I heard a weirder ad on a podcast and then I remembered years ago they were shilling historically accurate replica military helmets.

• Locked thread