Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dezoth
Mar 26, 2010

Mr. D Bewildering posted:

I do remember one particular episode where John just sounded like he wanted to quit and end the podcast because Andy was making puns out of the names of countries. There's no way I'd be able to find it unless I listened through each podcast, but I know that I personally tapped out when he got to United Arab Emirates - You 'n I did a rap, am I right?

That was Episode 133. Someone put it on Youtube. Here is the link.

Edit: Listening to it again, I love how John reacts to it starting.

Dezoth fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Sep 26, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dezoth
Mar 26, 2010
What episodes would ya'll recommend from the early episodes (i.e. those not available now on iTunes) to have someone new to the podcast listen to? I know episode 69 is a good one, but I can't really decide on other ones.

Dezoth
Mar 26, 2010
I was actually at the Durham show that John mentioned in the opening to this weeks Bugle. I have to say, if you get the chance to go see him live to take it. It was one of the greatest comedy shows I have ever seen, even if it did take forever to start.

Also, I felt that the string of puns that Andy tried this week was really weak. I don't mind that he does them, but I think he may have hit his high already with the dog puns. Also, I hope The Congressman's Penis continues to be a feature for a long time. It's one of my favorite new, recurring bits.

Dezoth
Mar 26, 2010

Martytoof posted:

Man I don't know about that one. The Congressman's Penis means I'm fumbling for my iPhone skipping ahead 30 seconds at a time until I hear them talking about something else.

There's not much on this show that I will outright skip, but that is one of them :(

I can understand that. The jokes feel a little forced at time, but personally I like inane, made-up bullshit sometimes and The Congressman's Penis is just the inane, made-up bullshit that I need sometimes.

Also, does anyone remember what episode the Belgians liking waffles joke started?

Dezoth
Mar 26, 2010

Cabbit posted:

I can't seem to figure out which episode has the first part of the Edinburgh bit continued in 166C. Anyone know?

Edit: I thought it was 166A, but that starts in the middle.

It's the second half of episode 166.

Dezoth
Mar 26, 2010

FrensaGeran posted:

Bugle methadone fix says they'll be back with a full episode next week (this week) at 4:50 :raise:

Andy said on Twitter yesterday that John wouldn't be able to record this week because he is at a wedding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dezoth
Mar 26, 2010

thexerox123 posted:

Does anyone happen to know which episode has Andy talking about potential original names for... I think Coca-Cola... /what the names that they come up with are? I seem to recall it being something along the lines of "Bubbly Bastard" or something?

I forget what episode it was in, but it was "Old Bubbly Bastard".

• Locked thread