Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

dancehall posted:

Yeah, but the majority of podcasts are people just chatting straight off the dome (no disrespect, some of them are really good at it) whereas the Bugle is prewritten material by professional comedians and work clearly goes into it. I almost feel bad about having listened to it for free for so long.

There are a lot of podcasts by professional comedians and nearly all of them are in some way written (no one just goes to the mic with no plan). I love the Bugle but I wouldn't pay for it just because the comedians involved happen to be bigger names. Also Jesse tweeted:

quote:

Jesse Thorn @JesseThorn

Talked to Andy Zaltzman this morning. They're considering their options. The Bugle will continue. Long live The Bugle. #SaveTheBugle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Rinkles posted:

Zaltzman seems pretty confident they'll work something out.

Yea the message I got from the latest was 'welp need to sort some poo poo out, but don't worry something will get figured out', which makes me happy. If they go pay I won't be super happy but if the price was right I'd go with it. I really hope they find another umbrella though.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

bobkatt013 posted:

Today was a happy but sad day. Happy since that The Bugle will continue but sad that the Congressman Penis is over for now

Well we can rest well knowing it tied up threads that really didn't need to be tied.

Also I'm very happy to hear they're going indie, I'm sure they can do well in that model.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

RandolphCarter posted:

I'm just wondering how they're going to pay for Chris's massive cocaine problem while independent.

Did you not hear that Congressman's Penis is finished now? That's gonna rake the cash in.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Welp my itunes got two Bugles for the change over, and for some reason I decided to delete the empty one and it deleted both instead, so now I need to download the old episodes I liked from the site I guess :smith:.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

various posted:

This weeks Bugle was produced by Ben Walker (gently caress you Ben) who produces the excellent podcasts Do the Right Thing and Pappy's Flatshare Slamdown

Feel free to tell him to go gently caress himself on twitter http://twitter.com/!/@_Ben_Walker

Thanks to The Bugle I've added even more to my funny British podcast pile.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea, during the royal wedding stuff many media outlets focused on Pippa, and many creepy people focused on her rear end, so John makes fun of that by shoehorning her into any anything remotely royal now, which is often hilarious.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
If you're not following Iron Sheik, why are you even on Twitter?

quote:

The Iron Sheik ‏@the_ironsheik
Harlem Shake or the Harlem Sheik? Tell me or go gently caress yourself #teamsheikie

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea though I love his random rambles and all, it does kinda suck knowing what's up with his mush-brain and how he's basically mentally broken at this point.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
He just kinda picks shitheads at random to spend the week rambling about. Last week it was Chris Brown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I hope the gently caress Eulogy is just them examining why she'll never be Iron Sheik Class.

• Locked thread