Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
Chris the Producer has posted something interesting on Twitter:

quote:

producerchris
#TheBugle review of 2011 part 2 is now in itunes, or: http://t.co/kKrLDFXe Enjoy kids, should ne a new show next week. @hellobuglers

New show next week after the best of's?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
Just donated £10... why not!?

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

Lady Gaza posted:

I'm fairly new to the Bugle, so what's this 'gently caress you Chris' about?

Trying to remember the episode number now, but essentially, when the old producer (Tom) left and Chris took full control, Andy read out and email that started out "gently caress YOU CHRIS" and proceeded to state how much the writer missed Tom and hated Chris for various reasons. The next episode had a deluge of people writing in to tell Chris to go gently caress himself.

Since then it's been cakes, tapestries, websites, wiki pages all sent to him all saying the same thing. Tom even visited the UK from Australia and endorsed Chris as the head of the Bugle, to no avail. The last time Andy appealed for calm was when people were turning up at his gigs shouting it.

Rooted Vegetable fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Feb 15, 2012

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

notaspy posted:

Did gently caress You Chris get fired along with the boys or just work on the show for shits and giggles?

I think Chris still produces The Game podcast for Times Online

EDIT: Looks like he does: https://twitter.com/producerchris/status/176709042222280704

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

dancehall posted:

That Dickens pun run was glorious.

Which episode, probably after this one, was it that Andy made a single pun after a good run of decent jokes, and Chris and John both sigh with despair and inform Andy he was doing so well, but then he dived out of a moving car?

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

How are u posted:

The only person I know of who can match Zaltzman in puns is the completely unrelated Ken Rudin of NPR. Actually, not only do both men have a genuine gift for punning, but they both have an encyclopedic knowledge of sports facts.

I'd love an It's All Politics/The Bugle crossover podcast :3:

Al Murray on the 7 Day Sunday podcast (which would also interest British listeners of the Bugle) described Andy's puns as so powerful that they can retroactively take down governments.

He ended Stalin-ism this week.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
Who's chipping in on the voluntary subscription? I'm doing $2/mo

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
It's kind of entertaining listening to Chris squirm on the now former Dave Gorman podcast and the Bugle. He's trying to avoid the discussion on both.

For that matter, Andy was trying to avoid too much Bugle talk on 7 Day Sunday this week.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

WoG posted:

Discussion of...?

Seemingly the existence of the other podcast... On either of them. Danielle Ward even alueded to his reputation in reference to a mistake on Pun Street.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

20 minutes lost! Thank gently caress You Chris.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

bobkatt013 posted:

Still gently caress You Chris

I don't think Chris reads the forums.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

bobkatt013 posted:

Come on Silvio do something crazy! Make it a trifecta.

They promised the lost Mali bit!

We still have a whole 3 days of horsemeat scandal to play out. I suspect a pun run is in the works.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

onoflalks posted:

No Mali or pun run.

I'd say I'm disappointed but I'd probably be lying.

I also listened to the Department and some old episodes from the TimesOnline era, and it's pretty amazing how many jokes from the Department are reused almost word for word in the Bugle and work just as well. Top job.

Well we know the next time John and/or Andy go off on holiday/Smurfs X, we won't be getting another Producer Chris Podcast.

However, a protracted discussion on Mali when we have all forgotten about it... yep... that... I can't even remember what the fuss was to start with and it's only been a few weeks.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

Lady Gaza posted:

I'm going to see Andy's show on Friday, I'm hoping for lots of puns.

Does he still have a problem with people turning up to his gigs telling Chris to go gently caress himself?

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
Oh the fact that they are free from the grasp of the The Times now will give the Thatcher stuff added kick!

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

BizarroAzrael posted:

Holy poo poo someone spent $30 on that didn't they?

He should be paying the Bugle that amount.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
Everyone know's about the freight train of Chris jokes that is his Bugle wiki page right?
http://bugle.wikia.com/wiki/Chris_the_Producer

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

TheArtist 314 posted:

Merch is finally up for purchase!

http://thebuglepodcast.com/bugle-merchandise/

There's a link for UK and US orders. Two mugs, some shirts, a hat and a bumper sticker.

Part of me is scared to get a shirt as they might have printed an unexpected pun run on the back and not mentioned/shown that on the website

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
Can't someone take me to the vet and have me put to sleep so I don't have to suffer another pun run?

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
Any idea of he will be seen on the Daily Show between now and Christmas? He said on the latest Bugle he was leaving TDS at the end of the year.

He also sounded rather fraught about his wife who has gone on an air mission to the Philippines.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
If I were in NY I would sit in the audience on a jetski. Yes, a jetski in the seats.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

WoG posted:

He could just do a 30 minute pun run in a box in the corner of the screen, while the show goes on otherwise unchanged.

A pun based sign language assistant perhaps?

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

GrandpaPants posted:

I just hope it doesn't mean the end of The Bugle :(

Hopefully John will pull through. This also gives Andy time for Edinburgh.

I'm actually more worried it will hit subscription numbers.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
Something from Chris:

https://twitter.com/producerchris/status/512230582294941696

quote:

Chris Skinner @producerchris
Tomorrow I will be doing something I've not done for months #273

Also, while I was looking at my Bugle TweetDeck column, I found a bit Andy wrote in TimeOut: http://www.timeout.com/london/comedy/andy-zaltzman-on-the-scottish-referendum

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
I worried I'm turning into a beaten child, too long without a pun run and I start to feel unloved.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

Mr. Fowl posted:

Puns have been outlawed in China.

I can feel it. A reckoning is coming.

Heard about this on the Daily Show, and Jon Stewart is tweeting like a mine canary.

Everyone go to your panic rooms now. Andy is about to provoke full nuclear war with China on Friday.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
I think they haven't hammered UKIP enough. The positive I can see from this election is that they were told to shove it.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

njsykora posted:

And with Farage gone the news will completely stop paying attention to them.

I've been using Farage as a "well, this would be worse" approach to the Tories, and that was an injection of Lib Dem. Now with them bleeding on the pavement somewhere, what am I to do?

Oh yes, I emigrated to Canada 6 years ago in case this happened

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

njsykora posted:

Yeah but Canadians have Harper, who I'd argue is worse. Not by much, but still worse.

Alberta just gave us hope that one of the other hippies might get in.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
Think it might be better for them to go to biweekly recording, like Answer Me This? Another skipped week.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
This week, if they record, I expect we'll hear the coup de gras jokes against Blatter.

If they record.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
Apparently John + John's Wife made a baby...

(not linking as it would require linking to eonline.com)

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
Where's my loving Bugle eta update?

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

FrensaGeran posted:

Jesus John drink some hot tea or something

He'll get his reward at the end of recording and not before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

Daius posted:

Zaltzman lied, The Bugle died

Ahem: https://www.facebook.com/buglepodcast/photos/a.400830946645732.91063.253608581367970/1157620070966812/?type=3

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread