Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slartibartfast
Nov 13, 2002
:toot:

Sinister Cyclist posted:

This show is just consistently good . You're doing yourself a major disservice by skipping over some of the older ones -the now sadly disbanded "Hotties from history" segment was unfailingly funny.

And John's intense dislike of the audio cryptic crossword puzzles!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slartibartfast
Nov 13, 2002

Laserface posted:

I wish The American had his own podcast.
It's not a podcast, but he did a 30 minute Comedy Central special. He's not in character as "The American", but his original comedy isn't too different. His name is Rory Albanese if you want to go a' Googlin'.

slartibartfast
Nov 13, 2002
My favorite Zaltz-pun of all time was something along the lines of "like a German doctor who force feeds people sausages and then x-rays their stomachs, we tend to see the wurst in people."

Still makes me laugh every time I think about it.

slartibartfast
Nov 13, 2002
#69 was the penis-on-roof story, which turned out to be a classic in its own right.

slartibartfast
Nov 13, 2002

drainpipe posted:

I've always wondered that. Was there a particular reason why they wanted a new logo? The old one has a very simple design looks pretty drat awesome.

If I had to take a totally uninformed guess, I'd wager that the bugle silhouette logo was made in about 30 seconds by an employee of Times Online on their lunch break as a favor. If that's the case, then it's the intellectual property of NewsCorp and our favorite bullshit peddlers could get their asses handed to them in court if they sold merchandise for profit containing somebody else's logo.

slartibartfast
Nov 13, 2002
I just listened to the latest Satarist for Hire about an hour ago, and I'm still giggling at the sheer audacity of the "El Greco roman rest link" pun. That's right up there with "cold and wet weaver". Andy's still got it!

slartibartfast
Nov 13, 2002
The puns are great, but his forced metaphors are equally preposterous. I've used the "like a German radiologist force-feeding his patients sausages before taking x-rays, we tend to see the wurst in people" line a couple times. Never fails to get a laugh.

slartibartfast
Nov 13, 2002

Fans posted:

John returns and then Zaltzman filibusters him with a one hour long pun run, finally destroying their friendship forever.

worth it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slartibartfast
Nov 13, 2002

spamman posted:

It was a cold and wet weaver.

Incredible.

"Cold and wet weaver" is right up there with "fuckulogy" in terms of Bugle-inspired vocabulary that sends me into giggle fits.

Episode 69 -- where a British teenager paints a giant :dong: on his parents' roof -- is another one of those classics where Andy & John can barely contain themselves throughout the story.

• Locked thread