Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Mordiceius posted:

My favorite moments are when Andy breaks into a string of puns. Just the physical pain John Oliver is in during those is fantastic.

To be fair, I share John's pain every time Andy does this. The two play off each other very well, but Andy is the definition of forced, unfunny humour.

At least to me, I mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I think the first few times Andy did it I laughed, but hundreds of episodes in now I start to find them just getting tiresome. It's not a big deal or anything, I'm certainly not going to stop listening because of it -- they're still a great duo. Their back and forth banter is amazing.

Not even all Andy-isms bother me. He CAN be funny, it's just that one particular thing he does that I find so bluntly unamusing that it colours the way I talk about him ;)

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Man I've been busy so I've got a lot of shows to catch up on. Am I the only one who gets really bummed out when John has to phone it in? It's not always bad, but a lot of the times he's hard to hear and .. ugh.

I mean can't we get this guy a Skype account or something?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Man I don't know about that one. The Congressman's Penis means I'm fumbling for my iPhone skipping ahead 30 seconds at a time until I hear them talking about something else.

There's not much on this show that I will outright skip, but that is one of them :(

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I don't know, my iTunes shows two 169 episodes, no 169a at all.

• Locked thread