Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WoG
Jul 13, 2004

CommunistMojo posted:

So when I subscribe to their RSS feed all that's available are shows from a year ago.

http://podcast.timesonline.co.uk/rss/thebugle.rss

^m4a files

the mp3 feed in the OP works, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoG
Jul 13, 2004
Listened to the last one -- I'd say it's depressing they missed the KJI story by one day, but it's just going to make for a glorious return.

Someone needs to update the thread title.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Zsinjeh posted:

Oh well, was a great(?) couple of puns though. He mentioned he got a couple of more mentions of that brain trauma, looks like more fans heard of it.

When I heard the, "several people emailed...", I assumed a few people here tried to snake you when you posted about it first.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

FrensaGeran posted:

Who is the American?

Rory Albanese. He's a Daily Show writer.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Heners_UK posted:

Who's chipping in on the voluntary subscription? I'm doing $2/mo

I dunno, man, triathlons and puppy killing sounds pretty good...

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Heners_UK posted:

It's kind of entertaining listening to Chris squirm on the now former Dave Gorman podcast and the Bugle. He's trying to avoid the discussion on both.
Discussion of...?

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

BobTheCow posted:

Isn't the Bugle on hiatus for another week or two? I remember being sad about how long they said they'd be off.
No, they're back this week, but recording Sunday rather than Friday.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

The Dark One posted:

Well, that was strange. Someone sent in that exact "one hundred duck-sized horses vs. one horse sized duck" question to another podcast I listen to. :stare:

It's a reddit meme, it gets asked in every AMA.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Jet Jaguar posted:

I wondered why there was no new Bugle last night.
Perhaps you should have listened to last week's bugle, then.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

TheArtist 314 posted:

Merch is finally up for purchase!

http://thebuglepodcast.com/bugle-merchandise/

There's a link for UK and US orders. Two mugs, some shirts, a hat and a bumper sticker.

About time!

...though, at $31.37 for a t-shirt, with the lame new logo, I'll have to pass.

(Seriously, what was wrong with )?

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

GraPar posted:

John is leaving The Daily Show to do a weekly topical comedy show on HBO

Awesome news for him, hoping it shouldn't affect the Bugle too much: if anything this will probably be less time-consuming for him than back when he was hosting the Daily Show every night.

"I’m incredibly excited to be joining HBO, especially as I presume this means I get free HBO now"

Awesome news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Mordiceius posted:

Honestly, while I mostly enjoyed it, I felt like the whole format was a but awkward - as if it was lacking something. I feel like there needs to be another personality. Kind of like a Conan/Richter thing. Tonally, it felt really close to the Bugle, though I just felt it lacked a little. Just hire Andy to come sit on a couch and make puns every episode.

He could just do a 30 minute pun run in a box in the corner of the screen, while the show goes on otherwise unchanged.

• Locked thread