Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Jet Jaguar posted:

Thanks to The Bugle, I am unable to think of Silvio Berlusconi without hearing Episode 99. "SILVIO BERLUSCONI GETTING HIT IN THE FACE NEWS NOW! Is this a beautiful dream, Andy? Have I died and gone to heaven?"

We are long overdue for another appearance by The American, though he's probably too busy scooting around on his jet ski to come into the studio.

Whenever I'm feeling down or having a rough day, nothing makes it better than listening to the pure and unadulterated glee that is in John and Andy's voice as they talk about Berlusconi's facial encounter with a miniature replica of Milan Cathedral.

I have such an unhealthy obsession with The Bugle, and have for a long time. Like Law & Order episodes, I'm physically unable to tire of them. I've probably listened to each one at least six times. It's perfect background noise for housework or playing games. Pun runs empower me in League of Legends. Try it sometime!

P.S. gently caress you Chris.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Gertrude Perkins posted:

gently caress YOU CHRIS!
I'm a diehard bugler, and have been listening for over two years now.
I do have a claim to stake though. The Gadaffi Rap from Episode 92 ('Obama wins first preemptive peace prize') was mine, and it remains one of the things of which I'm proudest:

(I wrote the lyrics, but didn't do the remix)

I also had the great privilege of seeing Andy live, doing a preview for a BBC Radio 4 programme that I sadly completely forgot to listen to on transmission (was it ever put on air?) in the autumn of '09. As promised in the podcast, I got two-for-one tickets by turning up with a picture of Florence Nightingale. There were six audience members, total: me, a friend of mine, and four semi-drunk people at a table behind us. Andy soldiered on, though, even though he got heckles from one of the drunkards - it was a great night.

You wrote the Gadaffi Rap?! That's awesome.

Also I am hoping Andy does a full-length The Congressman's Penis. I'd read that. Or the rest of the Marie Antoinette/Winston Churchill fanfiction he wrote. One chapter was not enough!

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

TACD posted:

The very first show I listened to (#117) had a seemingly-unending string of dog puns with John Oliver moaning in pain in the background. I was about to tell my friend this podcast was a crime against humanity until Chris jumped in with "MILK JIGGERS" out of nowhere and I practically choked. Loving it ever since.

"Chris, the Walking Wikipedia!"
"Well, the walking man with access to Wikipedia."

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Zsinjeh posted:

From The Bugle Facebook, Andy right in the middle of a pun-run:
https://twitter.com/#!/producerchris/status/190887749694402560/photo/1/large
That smile will haunt me.

That is the face of someone experiencing religious ecstasy.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Jet Jaguar posted:

John's delivery on that episode is fantastic.

"SILVIO BURLESCONI BEING HIT IN THE FACE NEWS NOW... Is this a beautiful dream, Andy?"

I'm cracking up just typing that.

The sheer unadulterated joy in their voices makes that episode something I've listened to time and again. I love the part where they are wondering if at that exact moment a man was going through a period of doubt and turmoil and wanted God to send a sign. And send a sign he did.

"Andy, some people see God in a rainbow. Others, in a child's smile, or they look at the Grand Canyon and say, "A higher power must have done this". For me, I see it in this story."

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Terrible news, fellow Buglers: The Bugle is going on a break until September.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

Fix posted:

Ain't that the truth.

Good luck, Andy. gently caress you, Chris.

• Locked thread